PDA

View Full Version : Hi C.B. Folks

Fifield92
01-07-2023, 04:59 PM
My FIL is getting me into using this forum and comfortable with everything.

Kylongrifle32
01-07-2023, 07:52 PM
Hope he likes you marring his daughter. Lol
You will need a mentor to help you along the way. Lol again.
This hobby is as easy or difficult as you want to make it. I started out casting 44 cal bullets at the age of fifteen. My start 38 years ago was an adventure. I have several scars and still no immediate friends that I can discuss casting related issues with. So this is a good place for me to learn things and make friends along the wy.
What calibers are you starting out with.

slim1836
01-07-2023, 08:36 PM
I wish I had a mentor when I first started reloading and later when casting boolits, it would have saved me a lot of money. I thank many members here for helping me along this journey, what a lot of fun and the members here are second to none.

I'm sure I'll save money someday casting and reloading my own.

Slim

ascast
01-07-2023, 08:50 PM
Welcome aboard I second Kylongrifle32. I started in the 60's. Got a tibbit here and there, books etc. But this sight you will get many answer to the same questions, or many perspectives within a day or two. Very valuable I think.

Fifield92
01-10-2023, 12:57 AM
Hope he likes you marring his daughter. Lol
You will need a mentor to help you along the way. Lol again.
This hobby is as easy or difficult as you want to make it. I started out casting 44 cal bullets at the age of fifteen. My start 38 years ago was an adventure. I have several scars and still no immediate friends that I can discuss casting related issues with. So this is a good place for me to learn things and make friends along the wy.
What calibers are you starting out with.

Ky- you know him..... Lakehouse2012.... He's taken me under his wing even through his daughter..... Hahaha

Fifield92
01-10-2023, 12:59 AM
Your right Slim, I'm lucky and I probably dont realize "how" lucky I am. He's taught me about guns, competing in Steel Challenge, Reloading and now Casting. Damn, I need to go give him a hug :) Hahaha

I wish I had a mentor when I first started reloading and later when casting boolits, it would have saved me a lot of money. I thank many members here for helping me along this journey, what a lot of fun and the members here are second to none.

I'm sure I'll save money someday casting and reloading my own.

Slim