PDA

View Full Version : Buyers Beware

white eagle
01-04-2023, 11:02 PM
Not sure where to go with this but it is sort of a rant and a warning
Shooting Surplus is a gun seller that advertises on gun broker
I bought a firearm from gun broker that was listed by them ( Shooting Surplus)
paid for the gun and went through the whole check out on gun broker
very excited I contacted the seller after a couple of days and asked about the shipment and was told that it was being shipped the next day, well being an impaitient sort after another day I again asked about the shipment and if this rifle had a certain feature that I desired on this gun and was assure that it in fact had that on it and would ship the next day.
Well 2-3 days later I again asked about the shipment and was not getting any responce until later in the evening when I got an e-mail saying that they did not have the item and I was getting refunded :evil:
have yet to see the refund but thought I would give warning to those who use gun broker that all is not as it seems
they have items listed that are ghosts

stubshaft
01-04-2023, 11:10 PM
That's sad to hear. A year or so ago I got burned on the shipping of an item. I bid on and won a rifle barrel for $5.00, then got charged $176.00 for shipping and handling.

white eagle
01-04-2023, 11:13 PM
that is terrible

M-Tecs
01-05-2023, 12:51 AM
They are a legitimate store with lots of feedback. Any store that sells a lot will have some negative feedback. They appear to have a slightly higher than normal negative feedback.

https://www.gunbroker.com/a/feedback/profile/2776812

ShootingSurplus Reviews
ShootingSurplus A+(23116)
Member Since 06/06/2013
Seller's Items for Sale
Recent Feedback Ratings
1 mo. 6 mo. 12 mo.
Positive 622 3169 6883
Neutral 8 16 47
Negative 20 66 171

rancher1913
01-05-2023, 09:18 AM
sounds like someone offered them more money for your item. had that happen on here one time, seller claimed my check was to much trouble and he had sold it to a neighbor

trebor44
01-05-2023, 09:39 AM
It is not just "Gun Broker" and the the vendors. I have been burned (money taken - USPS money order etc.) by scammers on local boards and those with "positive" reviews. Due diligence does not always protect you when dealing online. Face to face is better and that in not 100%. "Trust your gut" does help but even then it not a guarantee!

MrWolf
01-05-2023, 10:02 AM
Been burned by the ones that seem to have a negative review about every six months. Guess they figure they won't get busted for it if it only done a few times a year with the good reviews off setting those few bad ones.