PDA

View Full Version : Shipping ammo

jednorris
12-27-2022, 01:42 PM
I have some loaded factory ammo that I would like to ship. I know at one time we had some information on the cheapest legal way. Can I get some feedback?

BLAHUT
12-27-2022, 01:55 PM
Last time I shipped ammo it was with UPS, the brown one, don't remember the cost.

Explorer1
12-27-2022, 02:00 PM
Shipped some just last week, was rather painfree. Yes, UPS is basically the only method for us common folks.
Basically, good box in the factory ammo box and must have the diamond on the box. Can't drop off at just any location!
Use the instructions on the UPS website.

Cost- just typical shipping fees, no extras.

WRideout
12-27-2022, 02:23 PM
Some time ago I shipped some ammo via FEDEX. No hazmat fee, pretty painless. Don't know how they are now. If using the major carriers, go directly to the main office. Satellite branches won't touch ammo.

Wayne

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-27-2022, 02:48 PM
Sticky from S&S

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?333107-How-to-Ship-Ammunition-Via-UPS-Yes-It-Can-Be-Done-Follow-The-UPS-Rules

higgins
12-28-2022, 09:37 PM
The last time I researched this on the UPS website they had a flat rate charge for certain size boxes, which as I recall would have held quite a bit of rifle or handgun ammo. You have to supply the box.

Winger Ed.
12-28-2022, 10:51 PM
I'd check the websites of UPS and USPS.
They've made a few changes over the years-- and have no sense of humor when it comes to breaking their regulations.

JimB..
12-29-2022, 01:40 AM
UPS is easy and there is no extra fee, you just have to disclose it, mark the box properly, take it to a regional shipping center, and use a sturdy outer box (I think 200psi, but not sure). I don’t believe that you can use a flat rate box because the contents are hazardous, but exempt from certain rules because of quantity. See the UPS and DOT websites, or just walk into a shipping center and ask for help.