PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Mold Repair/Damage

justindad
12-26-2022, 11:54 PM
I have a Lyman 356637 hollow point mold. The two mold haves are not concentric and the mold pin is too long, giving each boolit a hair lip. I sent it into Lyman for repair - the cavities are still eccentric, but they did replace the HP pin. They also graciously cross-threaded my mold handle screws and galled the screw head so I can’t set the mold on a table without scratching the surface (damaged screw threads don’t go all the way in anymore). Quality defects in manufacturing are understandable, but to further damage the product in your “repair shop” and refuse to make things right is more than I can accept. I’ll never buy anything new from Lyman again.

LIMPINGJ
12-28-2022, 02:17 PM
For mold repair go here.
https://www.hollowpointmold.com/

Walks
12-28-2022, 02:56 PM
The last 2 new molds I bought from Lyman was 6+ years ago. I had to send them back for being severely undersized. They were replaced by new molds made the same month and inspected by the same person.
Same undersized results. Eventually I got ahold of someone that corrected the problem. That person has since left Lyman.
I guess if you don't send it to Eric's Hollowpoint molds ? Just throw it away.

I don't believe Lyman has anyone left with a bit of technical know how.
Sorry

gwpercle
12-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Dump Lyman ... Check out NOE ... after experiencing his moulds and dealing with Al Nelson ... it's NOE all the way and everyday ... You'll throw rocks at Lyman's Moulds and Service .
Gary