PDA

View Full Version : LOL - got 25-20?

pcmacd
12-25-2022, 10:10 PM
I've got about #300 25-20 cases made from 32-20.

I shoot them in this absolutely splendid Remington Model 25 pump that is about 100 years old.

I load them with 85 grain cast bullets and 12.5 grains of AA1680. This works well in my rifle, perhaps not in yours?

Yeppers. 12.5 grains is spoda be the max for a 75 grain bullet, but with this load the brass is not abused and ejects easily. Further, a Quickload analysis shows this is still a modestly conservative load.

It is a really fun rifle to shoot, and is the "original varmint caliber", according to many.

~~~~
I just spent $90 on an caliber conversion kit from Dillon for such.

I got the press all set up and find that I have perhaps 30 ready cases???

I look in my ammo locker and find #250 loaded rounds. You would think I would remember doing that on a single stage press? BUT NO!

LMAO. Getting old is a serious challenge, dudes.

stubshaft
12-25-2022, 10:37 PM
I feel your pain! The local gun range has been shut down for a couple of months and I've been filling all of my empty cases up. I was looking for something else to reload and thought "hey, I haven't shot my 30 Herrett in a while". I found the dies, screwed the sizing die into the press and then went to hunt down the cases. I finally found the correct ammo box and lo and behold it had exactly TWO empties in it...

Barry54
01-10-2023, 05:21 AM
I feel your pain! The local gun range has been shut down for a couple of months and I've been filling all of my empty cases up. I was looking for something else to reload and thought "hey, I haven't shot my 30 Herrett in a while". I found the dies, screwed the sizing die into the press and then went to hunt down the cases. I finally found the correct ammo box and lo and behold it had exactly TWO empties in it...

Wish I could find some 32-20 brass...

I found some small primer pocket 30 American brass I bought years ago to form into 30 Herrett. Now might be the time to do it. Way more small rifle primers in my cabinet than large rifle.