PDA

View Full Version : Let your family know you love them

Bmi48219
12-25-2022, 12:17 PM
Not shaping up to be the best Christmas ever.
Yesterday afternoon our daughter called to tell us her husband’s cousin, his wife and two other family members had perished in an Ohio freeway accident that morning. The kid’s wife was pregnant and they were both in their mid-thirties.
An hour ago my brother-in-law called to let us know his 87 YO wife had passed away last night in a nursing home.
I know this all somehow this fits into God’s plan. I’m not going to try to figure out how.

white eagle
12-25-2022, 12:23 PM
so sorry for your loss

blackthorn
12-25-2022, 12:54 PM
Gail and I wish to extend our deepest sympathy to you and those close to you.

Bmi48219
12-25-2022, 01:06 PM
so sorry for your loss

Thank you.
Guys, I doubt anyone reading this thread wouldn’t feel sympathy so there’s no need to express it. I don’t want to appear ungracious, thank you all for your kind thoughts.

I don’t handle loss well, and I know I don’t let my loved ones know how much they mean to me often enough.
That’s the message I’m taking to heart from this Christmas, and I just wanted to put it out there in case it helps someone else.
Thanks

Wag
12-25-2022, 02:27 PM
My heart goes out to you. And you're right. When your loved ones are here with you, tell them. Tell them everything. Once they're gone, you never want to regret the things you didn't say to them.

--Wag--

buckwheatpaul
12-25-2022, 05:00 PM
Not shaping up to be the best Christmas ever.
Yesterday afternoon our daughter called to tell us her husband’s cousin, his wife and two other family members had perished in an Ohio freeway accident that morning. The kid’s wife was pregnant and they were both in their mid-thirties.
An hour ago my brother-in-law called to let us know his 87 YO wife had passed away last night in a nursing home.
I know this all somehow this fits into God’s plan. I’m not going to try to figure out how.

I am so sorry for all the misfortune that was dealt to you and I pray that God gives you comfort and healing! May he guide you down the path to remembering the wonderful moments you all have shared over the years! ....with that said, you are so right to dont miss a chance to tell someone how you feel and that you love them! Thanks for this post and may God bless us all this Christmas an on through 2023!

dverna
12-25-2022, 06:04 PM
Prayers for you and the families impacted.

Milky Duck
12-25-2022, 07:22 PM
celebrate the good times and yip tell em you love them...sometimes you might not like them very much,but you still love them.

xs11jack
12-25-2022, 08:45 PM
The fight and struggles for them is over. God will give them rest.
Ole Jack

armoredman
12-25-2022, 08:55 PM
Very sorry, sir, may God hold you all in His hands.

Thundarstick
12-26-2022, 07:36 AM
I didn't read this yesterday. At our Christmas church service yesterday we learned that a young couple in our congregation had lost their shop and barn overnight (Christmas eve), yet where there. The good news was that they saved all the horses and other animals, their house, and their lives, but much of the equipment used to make a living was destroyed. Tonight will be our third family Christmas celebration with out our oldest daughter.
Tragedy befalls all families. Life goes on. It is our lot as humans. God bless us all as we live it looking forward with hope!

HamiltonGil
01-28-2023, 12:52 PM
I extend my deepest thought and prayers for your loss.