PDA

View Full Version : Natchez has CCI, Rem. LR primers

huntinlever
12-20-2022, 02:08 PM
Not sure where to put this. FYI, Natchez has both CCI and Rem. large rifle primers in stock.

I went ahead with the CCI (1000 box). Always worked great in my 45-70, as have WLR primers. Don't know anything about the Remington large rifle primers. How are they? $20 cheaper than the CCI, wondering if they fire well and are fine.

MUSTANG
12-20-2022, 02:28 PM
Prices at $76.99 per 1000 for the Remington primers are starting to look more appealing; but still too high for me to jump on given my current stocks on hand. But; they had a banner when I looked it up for "Free Hazmat". That banner was:

Limited Time Only - No HAZMAT Fee - Code FH221219

For those in need; the Free Hazmat could be beneficial.

huntinlever
12-20-2022, 02:33 PM
Prices at $76.99 per 1000 for the Remington primers are starting to look more appealing; but still too high for me to jump on given my current stocks on hand. But; they had a banner when I looked it up for "Free Hazmat". That banner was:

Limited Time Only - No HAZMAT Fee - Code FH221219

For those in need; the Free Hazmat could be beneficial.

Thanks Mustang. How do you like the Rem's?

rockrat
12-20-2022, 02:54 PM
Don't know about the Rem LR, but I use Rem SR in many loads

stubshaft
12-20-2022, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered a couple of bricks of Rem LR primers.

BLAHUT
12-20-2022, 03:52 PM
I have tried all flavors of primers, I could get, in my 45/70, only changed the primers in my test, the federal and cci gave a 100FPS greater than any other primers over a coronagraph, all loads kept the same, only changed the primers. I now use only magnum primers.
If I need to use federal or cci, I have to cut back my load to stay at about 1200 FPS.

huntinlever
12-20-2022, 04:12 PM
I have tried all flavors of primers, I could get, in my 45/70, only changed the primers in my test, the federal and cci gave a 100FPS greater than any other primers over a coronagraph, all loads kept the same, only changed the primers. I now use only magnum primers.
If I need to use federal or cci, I have to cut back my load to stay at about 1200 FPS.

Good to know. I generally used WLR, and chrony'd on that basis, but did switch up from time to time with the CCI as they became available. I'm wondering if I was shooting hotter without knowing it. Groups seemed about the same.

Academic at this point because it looks like Natchez has sold out of everything already!

I don't have a chrony yet and won't for some time, so I was just going with an estimated spread based on 5744 load data and was aiming for the range 28.7 grains 5744 - 30.7 grains, for an estimated 1335 - 1470 fps.

Would you then look for loads that on paper give a 1235 - 140 fps, e.g., 24.3 - 27.0 grains 5744?

MUSTANG
12-20-2022, 04:15 PM
Thanks Mustang. How do you like the Rem's?

I have been using rem 9 1/2 Large Rifle Primers for the last 2 years (Using up old stock in the reloading shed). They have worked quite well and are in the posts I have made over last 2 years. I prefer CCI; but do not currently have them in my reloading shed as I was buying Small Rifle before the last shortage began and did not recognize I should have purchased more.

I would jump on the Remington 9 1/2's of I were in need.

huntinlever
12-20-2022, 05:35 PM
OK thanks, guys. Ended up with the CCI LR, as they almost immediately sold out on everything. Have to say, the Hazmat promo they have running isn't too clear. Called back to see if they could add the code, first guy said "sure," he'd do it. Saw nothing happened, called back, 2nd guy said the order has to subtotal out to $100. I asked if I were to find something to put me over the $100 threshold, would that work, guy said "you bet." So I called back looking to add the Lee Cutter/Lock stud, which I can use. Guy jumped in with several "hold on. Hold on. Hold on's", said "you can't just buy a widget, it has to all be hazmat order, like powder or primer."

Aside from the fact they've sold out on primers and I don't need any of the powders they have on hand (which I totally get), just a bit annoyed to get 3 stories from 3 different guys. A mild gripe and am happy to get the primers. Would just be nice the customer service end was a bit more consistent.

Reg
12-20-2022, 06:38 PM
A friend checked just a bit ago. He is saying they only have SR and SP left at 125.00 a brick.
That sure went fast!!

jaysouth
12-20-2022, 11:19 PM
The dirtbags at Natchez will not ship to any address in TN, GA, or AL. Something about protecting their retailers.

Thumbcocker
12-21-2022, 10:15 AM
The no hazmat code didn't work.