PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Corey

pmer
12-19-2022, 09:11 AM
I'd like to bring Corey and his family up for prayers and healing. He was at work and suffered a fall from a roof of about 12 feet and landed in a way that hurt his neck. He was air lifted to Hennepin County Medical Center and has been in ICU for most of a week now. He had 4 vertebrae pinned together and is struggling with fever and ammonia. He has some movement of his fingers and toes but less movement of his toes so far. It's starting to sink in for the family about how long the road to recovery is going to be and I'm writing this with tears.

He is a husband and father and has a loving and faithful family and been everything from an elder and AWANA leader to a greater at church. Please help by lifting him up in prayer, thanks, Phil.

USMC87
12-19-2022, 09:17 AM
Heavenly Father we bring Corey to You this day asking for You to take away his fever and to heal his neck in a way that brings honor and glory to You, we ask that the medical team to act according to Your wise and holy manner. We ask that the road to recovery will become shorter and that the family calls on You for every need, we pray these things in Jesus Name, Amen.

Pine Baron
12-19-2022, 09:51 AM
Heavenly Father we bring Corey to You this day asking for You to take away his fever and to heal his neck in a way that brings honor and glory to You, we ask that the medical team to act according to Your wise and holy manner. We ask that the road to recovery will become shorter and that the family calls on You for every need, we pray these things in Jesus Name, Amen.

Amen!

Markopolo
12-19-2022, 10:00 AM
Another amen… Prayers sent!!!

dverna
12-19-2022, 10:38 AM
Prayers for family and friends.

Hondolane
12-19-2022, 12:51 PM
Prayers sent for Corey and family!

Hickok
12-19-2022, 12:53 PM
Heavenly Father we bring Corey to You this day asking for You to take away his fever and to heal his neck in a way that brings honor and glory to You, we ask that the medical team to act according to Your wise and holy manner. We ask that the road to recovery will become shorter and that the family calls on You for every need, we pray these things in Jesus Name, Amen.Amen!

deltaenterprizes
12-19-2022, 02:05 PM
Prayers sent!

pmer
12-19-2022, 03:00 PM
Amen

buckwheatpaul
12-19-2022, 04:01 PM
I'd like to bring Corey and his family up for prayers and healing. He was at work and suffered a fall from a roof of about 12 feet and landed in a way that hurt his neck. He was air lifted to Hennepin County Medical Center and has been in ICU for most of a week now. He had 4 vertebrae pinned together and is struggling with fever and ammonia. He has some movement of his fingers and toes but less movement of his toes so far. It's starting to sink in for the family about how long the road to recovery is going to be and I'm writing this with tears.

He is a husband and father and has a loving and faithful family and been everything from an elder and AWANA leader to a greater at church. Please help by lifting him up in prayer, thanks, Phil.

Father, I come to You because You are the Great Healer and Corey is in need of Your special attention! Please guide his medical teams down the path to healing and restoring him unto his family, their friends, and his church family. Father please take all pain and fear from Corey and his family. AMEN

Please keep us informed about his progress!

jcren
12-19-2022, 04:56 PM
Prayers sent

WRideout
12-19-2022, 08:23 PM
Father, bless and heal Corey, and restore him to full function. Be with his family, and give them courage and strength. In Jesus' name.

Wayne

Pete44mag
12-19-2022, 11:16 PM
Prayers sent for Corey and family!!!

augercreek
12-20-2022, 06:57 AM
Lord, there is none other than you who can do a great thing! We ask you now to heal Corey and bring peace to family and Corey.

pworley1
12-20-2022, 07:42 AM
Prayers sent for Corey and his family. Thank you for caring enough to tell us about him.

Thundarstick
12-20-2022, 07:45 AM
Prayers sent.

school of mines
12-20-2022, 10:36 AM
Praying for Corey and family.

pmer
12-22-2022, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers Corey has been moved out of the ICU to a step down unit for trauma and neurological care. He has been eating regular meals but still has a feeding tube which is soon to be removed if all goes well.
Here is some text from an update on their Go Fund Me page.

"Dad still cannot move his legs or hands and due to that, he needs a lot of help with every task. It is a difficult reality for dad to grapple with since he does not want anyone to have to take care of him, and it’s also hard for mom to leave each night knowing that he will not have the constant help he needs since she fills that gap during the days."

They are also having meetings about an in house rehabilitation center getting their home ready for when that time comes.

Thanks again everyone.

Pine Baron
12-22-2022, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the update Phil. Prayers of healing continue for Corey. Prayers of strength, comfort and guidance for his family.

FergusonTO35
12-24-2022, 10:55 PM
Lord be with them.

pmer
01-14-2023, 10:42 AM
I got to visit Corey Thursday. He's at Kenney Rehabilitation Center in Abbot Northwestern for a few more weeks. Once I got checked in and got lost once or twice I found him in their exercise area. The techs were connecting him to a RT 300 bike. The pedals are motorized and his legs are electrically stimulated to match pedaling. They have him doing something 5 times a day.

His wife was there and they were happy to see a visitor. He can drive his own wheel chair with some movement in his arms but his legs don't move yet (hopefully). His doctors are hopeful for some mobility but time will tell at this point.

We talked and laughed and cried a little at the end. But I came away hopeful. It made me think about cords and strands and how 2 or 3 are stronger than one. Corey and his wife sounded like they always have or in other words they don't sound defeated. They are holding out a faithful hand to God.

Pine Baron
01-14-2023, 11:14 AM
Prayers continue for Corey. This is going to take perseverance.

FergusonTO35
01-14-2023, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the update.

augercreek
01-14-2023, 02:34 PM
Lord, continue to work your miracles with Corey and bring him back to good health.

Shawlerbrook
01-14-2023, 04:25 PM
Prayers sent from Central NYS !

Sig556r
01-14-2023, 05:59 PM
Healing prayers & comfort for Corey…

buckwheatpaul
01-14-2023, 07:51 PM
Father, I would like to praise and thank You for what You are doing for Corey! Please continue to help him and show him what Corey needs to do to be restored to his family and friends! Amen

USMC87
01-14-2023, 11:19 PM
We continue prayers for Corey!

Texas by God
01-19-2023, 10:04 AM
Prayers lifted for Corey and family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WRideout
01-20-2023, 09:54 AM
Father we praise you for your healing work. Continue to bless and heal Corey, and comfort his whole family.

Wayne