PDA

View Full Version : New Meat!!!

scooterwrench
12-18-2022, 05:39 PM
Hey Folks,

New guy here,total gearhead. If it's got moving parts I'm in.

Been building firearms now for about ten years. Started with AK's then moved to CETME's. This past year I've gotten into building Mausers.

I was frequenting the militaryfirearms forum till it went belly up. There was some pretty decent folk on that forum,hope to find the same here.

farmbif
12-18-2022, 05:42 PM
well, welcome. "new meat" I thought you were going to tell us about some exotic game animal you just cooked on the grill.

pworley1
12-18-2022, 05:50 PM
I am sure you will welcome here. Glade to have you.

brstevns
12-18-2022, 05:51 PM
Welcome, lots of nice people here

Winger Ed.
12-18-2022, 06:34 PM
Welcome. It is a great place to hang out.
Although I do have some reservations about a place that would allow me to be a member.

These guys are more than glad to help so you don't shoot your eye out kid.

contender1
12-19-2022, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the Forum!
Lots of great folks & info around here.

We may not always agree on everything,, but we all try to be very civil if we disagree. :D

Hickok
12-19-2022, 01:17 PM
Hello from WV!

Speaking of CETME's, I had some "challenges and made up new cuss words" with a Century-made Cetme some years back.... feeler gauges, rollers, bolt, etc!:groner:

Moved on to the AR-10 type, LR-308 builds!:awesome:

scooterwrench
12-19-2022, 02:48 PM
Hello from WV!

Speaking of CETME's, I had some "challenges and made up new cuss words" with a Century-made Cetme some years back.... feeler gauges, rollers, bolt, etc!:groner:

Moved on to the AR-10 type, LR-308 builds!:awesome:

Yeah man,some of those C308's were real P'sOS. I think Century was building rifles with monkey's installing worn out parts. A buddy of mine got one that has all new H&K parts in it and his shoots good.

This is the PSG I built using all CETME parts.

I just built a Mauser in 444-06(my own wildcat) and will be building a CETME for the same cartridge.

gwpercle
12-19-2022, 03:57 PM
Welcome to the forum from Baton Rouge , Louisiana .

If you are looking for some new meat ...Have you tried Alligator or Nutria ... they are tasty if prepared properly ! :redneck:

Gary
a Cajun is just a redneck with a funny accent !

farmerjim
12-19-2022, 04:16 PM
When I saw the title the first thing I thought was bugs. Alligator and Nutria sure are good.

BrassMagnet
12-19-2022, 07:32 PM
well, welcome. "new meat" I thought you were going to tell us about some exotic game animal you just cooked on the grill.

Me, too!

scooterwrench
12-19-2022, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome to all.

I'm up here in swamps of NW central Fl. Gator I've eaten but we don't have nutria down here. I've heard they're tasty. Some of our wood rats get pretty big but I've yet to get hungry enough to eat one. Now limb rats are another story. Cooked with gravy and poured over rice,,,,,,,,,,,,mmm yummy!

scooterwrench
12-19-2022, 08:48 PM
Welcome. It is a great place to hang out.
Although I do have some reservations about a place that would allow me to be a member.

These guys are more than glad to help so you don't shoot your eye out kid.

I haven't been called a kid in many moons,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks!!!
These days I thank the cashier when they ask for ID.

Winger Ed.
12-19-2022, 09:04 PM
I haven't been called a kid in many moons,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks!!!
These days I thank the cashier when they ask for ID.

That's what everybody told the kid in the "Christmas Story" movie when he mentioned he wanted a Red Rider BB gun.

Big Tom
12-20-2022, 04:04 PM
Welcome! Great people here as well! And yes, sad that the site went down, it had so much great knowledge in it. I was hoping he would offer somebody else to take it over.

Markopolo
12-20-2022, 04:39 PM
Welcome sir… Lots of great folks here.. you will find what yer looking for..

gwpercle
12-20-2022, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome to all.

I'm up here in swamps of NW central Fl. Gator I've eaten but we don't have nutria down here. I've heard they're tasty. Some of our wood rats get pretty big but I've yet to get hungry enough to eat one. Now limb rats are another story. Cooked with gravy and poured over rice,,,,,,,,,,,,mmm yummy!

What about them python snakes and iguana lizards you all got ... I was watching the Louisiana Swamp People they went to Florida and were catching big snakes and Iguana lizards ... they looked edible !
Gary

slim1836
12-20-2022, 05:21 PM
Monkey brains comes to mind.

Slim

Winger Ed.
12-20-2022, 06:27 PM
Iguana lizards ... they looked edible !

In some places they are- or were native to- the locals ate them all.
They're considered sort of a delicacy.

ebb
12-20-2022, 10:10 PM
Nice looking rifle, you did a good job!