PDA

View Full Version : Metaverse weirdness

Abert Rim
12-18-2022, 10:57 AM
So I posted a photo of some .41 Magnum rounds loaded with powder-coated bullets on my FB page. When a friend commented, I replied that I had gotten my powder from Smokes in the vendor section at castboolits.com. You'd think I had put a hit out on the Zuck. The reply was immediately surrounded in red with a big red exclamation point and warnings of some sort of grave violation of something. I am surprised sirens did not sound.
I tried to edit the reply and could not. I ended up deleting it and rewording it to say I had gotten my powders from Paintball Kingdom. That reply went through.
Bizarre.[smilie=w:

pmer
12-18-2022, 11:29 AM
Facebook and Twitter are like real-time experiments about The Allegory of the Cave.

deltaenterprizes
12-18-2022, 12:42 PM
Moderators on Facebook are idiots!

SSGOldfart
12-18-2022, 12:52 PM
Moderators on Facebook are idiots!

and that's way I don't use facebook anymore.

JSnover
12-18-2022, 09:04 PM
Censorberg is a DNC lapdog. It doesn't get much more blatant than this:
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/censor-or-else-democratic-lawmakers-warn-facebook-not-backslide-censorship

Finster101
12-18-2022, 09:17 PM
I am on Facebook for one reason only, Marketplace. I have bought and sold a fair amount of stuff. My profile is private, there are no photos and I have no friends. It's a decent tool but, I certainly don't consider it a social place. I limit that to here.

tctender
12-18-2022, 09:25 PM
I dont have a facebook. It is ok when people use it as it supposed to be. Sadly a lot of people put stuff on there that shouldn't be pertaining to themselves and others including their private lives that shouldn't be aired.

stubshaft
12-18-2022, 09:35 PM
I use FB to keep in touch with friends and family.

farmbif
12-18-2022, 09:51 PM
just exactly what is a meta verse anyway? never did really understand much of that stuff or maybe its just something I have no interest in. way too many people living in some fake or fantasy world with their lives and world consumed with being online in games and alternate reality of some sort. id much rather be outside in the real world that is right out the door in the sun or rain and dirt, rocks, trees , plants and animals, you know the stuff that god put there and we are just temporarily visiting in.

abunaitoo
12-18-2022, 11:34 PM
Never even looked at it.
Don't care to.
Really have no use for it.

Geezer in NH
12-19-2022, 12:01 AM
Huh????????????????

hawkenhunter50
12-19-2022, 12:01 AM
just exactly what is a meta verse anyway? never did really understand much of that stuff or maybe its just something I have no interest in. way too many people living in some fake or fantasy world with their lives and world consumed with being online in games and alternate reality of some sort. id much rather be outside in the real world that is right out the door in the sun or rain and dirt, rocks, trees , plants and animals, you know the stuff that god put there and we are just temporarily visiting in.

You and I sir, think exactly alike.

Baltimoreed
12-19-2022, 12:09 AM
People spend way too much time on social media. Sheeple. Don’t do Facebook. I just do gun forums and the tractor forum and spend hours s day on them. Better than staring at the junk on the boob tube. Just started a part time job to get moving around more. Sitting still will kill you.

fastdadio
12-19-2022, 05:53 AM
You and I sir, think exactly alike.

Yup, I'm with you and Farmbif. Loves me some Hawken too.

john.k
12-19-2022, 08:46 AM
As mentioned selling on the free marketplace is incredible......stuff gone as soon as someone can drive over ............anything left for 10 minutes is never going to sell.......not trinkets either ,20 ton excavators sold in an hour .

Abert Rim
12-19-2022, 09:56 AM
Hmm. I keep an FB page for family and friends, am a moderator on a page dedicated to the history of Chavez, Lincoln, Eddy and Otero counties in SE New Mexico, and administrator of a page I created -- Friends of Dog Canyon -- to support Oliver Lee State Park near the White Sands. All pretty innocent stuff, and I haven't used marketplace and probably should. I'm on a bunch of firearms-related forums like this one as well. That said, these kinds of forums as well as Facebook are considered by the younger generations to be for old fuds, of which I am one.
You won't catch me on Tiktok or Twitter though.

waksupi
12-19-2022, 01:01 PM
As mentioned selling on the free marketplace is incredible......stuff gone as soon as someone can drive over ............anything left for 10 minutes is never going to sell.......not trinkets either ,20 ton excavators sold in an hour .

I've used marketplace quite a bit. I kinda weed out under 40 tire kickers, as the young ones tend to be no-shows. Things do sell fast though, and I have got more than asking price several times. I sold my old camper, and some guys got in a bidding war. I ended up with $500 more than I was asking!

Gunslinger1911
12-23-2022, 03:54 PM
FB for keeping up with family stuff now
Used to experiment to see what it would take to get banned
Got my 1,2, 3 ,5, 7, 14 day ban badges; worked up to a month ban hammer
Kind of fun ( I can be easily entertained)

slim1836
12-23-2022, 04:12 PM
FB for keeping up with family stuff now
Used to experiment to see what it would take to get banned
Got my 1,2, 3 ,5, 7, 14 day ban badges; worked up to a month ban hammer
Kind of fun ( I can be easily entertained)

I can't do that, it's my wife's account. I don't have one, just use her's to see what's for sale.

Does sound like fun though.

Slim

jonp
12-23-2022, 08:49 PM
I am on Facebook for one reason only, Marketplace. I have bought and sold a fair amount of stuff. My profile is private, there are no photos and I have no friends. It's a decent tool but, I certainly don't consider it a social place. I limit that to here.

There are 87,000 IRS agents gunning for you courtesy of the RINO's in the latest Omnibus so be careful of that $600 limit

jonp
12-23-2022, 08:52 PM
Never even looked at it.
Don't care to.
Really have no use for it.

No FB, twitter or anything else and dont miss it either. Wife won a 50in TV at the Christmas part the other day and gave it back. No use for that either

Finster101
12-23-2022, 09:39 PM
There are 87,000 IRS agents gunning for you courtesy of the RINO's in the latest Omnibus so be careful of that $600 limit

Facebook marketplace is not like Ebay. You make a time for a face to face deal. No paypal, check or money order. Would be really hard to keep track of and just because it dissappears from marketplace doesn't mean you sold it. There is no reporting that I am aware of.