PDA

View Full Version : Ammo and primers are back at our local guy's shop

Winger Ed.
12-16-2022, 12:33 AM
It looks like the drought might be starting to break.
I swung by our local guy on the off chance he might have some CCI CB shorts to help me thwart the great squirrel invasion.
They were right at $10. a box which I didn't think was too bad. In the old days they were about 8-something.

Big surprise!
All his ammo shelves were FULL. I grabbed 3 of probably 25 boxes of CBs.
Then, just wondering, I checked out the shelf for primers. He doesn't stock much powder & primers, but some.
He had his normal stock, which is just flats, and no bricks set out, but what he had didn't have a 1-2 limit.
I really 'need' some SR, so I can spend more time in the shop guilt free, so I got 4, and that left 6-7.
They were $10. a flat for CCIs. I doubt if they'll go down anytime soon, but at least they're available.

All in all it was a good trip to town.
I even got in & out of the gun store for less than $100.

12-16-2022, 12:44 AM
Good. Now if I could only find #11 caps for ML'ing.

slim1836
12-16-2022, 12:56 AM
I saw yesterday someone trying to sell some SP primers for $40/100 online, almost choked on my beer.

Happy for ya,

Slim

Tripplebeards
12-16-2022, 01:07 AM
I bought 6 boxes of those shorts at Walmart last year for eight bucks a box. Only saw them there once or twice after that. They go quick. Kind of worthless ammo for me because nothing I own shoots them worth a darn and they’re too powerful for my 6mm Flobert.

Winger Ed.
12-16-2022, 02:12 AM
I saw yesterday someone trying to sell some SP primers for $40/100 online, almost choked on my beer.

I've seen some crazy prices for them too.
Awhile back, my gun store buddy closed up and was selling his remaining inventory to his regular/buddy customers at his last prices.
A had a mutual friend go in and grab two bricks of Remington SP for a $100. dollar bill when they dried up everywhere.
I'm more of a CCI and Winchester fan,,,, but I guess any port in a storm is good.
Now all I have to do is go to Dallas and get them, or con him into coming out here to go fishing or something.:bigsmyl2:

Mr Peabody
12-16-2022, 11:21 AM
The local Sportmans Warehouse shelves are full too. Full of 9mm and .223. No 30-30, .243 or 30-06.

Shawlerbrook
12-16-2022, 11:46 AM
It does seem as the supply is slowly getting better. I wonder if our economy tanks and goes into a full blown recession how that will affect supplies, if at all.

Winger Ed.
12-16-2022, 11:59 AM
It does seem as the supply is slowly getting better. I wonder if our economy tanks and goes into a full blown recession how that will affect supplies, if at all.

I'd predict another run on basic and survival supplies.

BLAHUT
12-16-2022, 12:35 PM
Sports man warehouse had caps. Not sure of the number, I don't use them, just saw some on the shelf? Last week.

huntinlever
12-16-2022, 01:07 PM
Cabela's has CCI benchrest primers for $14.99/100 - $150/1000. Afraid my 45-70 GG isn't exactly demanding of benchrest primers (nor am I...), but encouraging at least. Thanks for the heads up Ed.

SSGOldfart
12-17-2022, 01:10 PM
It looks like the drought might be starting to break.
I swung by our local guy on the off chance he might have some CCI CB shorts to help me thwart the great squirrel invasion.
They were right at $10. a box which I didn't think was too bad. In the old days they were about 8-something.

Big surprise!
All his ammo shelves were FULL. I grabbed 3 of probably 25 boxes of CBs.
Then, just wondering, I checked out the shelf for primers. He doesn't stock much powder & primers, but some.
He had his normal stock, which is just flats, and no bricks set out, but what he had didn't have a 1-2 limit.
I really 'need' some SR, so I can spend more time in the shop guilt free, so I got 4, and that left 6-7.
They were $10. a flat for CCIs. I doubt if they'll go down anytime soon, but at least they're available.

All in all it was a good trip to town.
I even got in & out of the gun store for less than $100.

What shop is your local gun shop??

Winger Ed.
12-17-2022, 02:25 PM
What shop is your local gun shop??

It's 'On Target' in Mabank.

Mabank is on the top end of Cedar Creek Lake on the East side, and just off US 175 as it comes out of Dallas.
Great place, but they don't allow foul language inside the store.

lightman
12-17-2022, 03:27 PM
Its good to hear that others are seeing supplies reappear. Some ammo has been back here since early in the year. Lots of Hornady bullets. Powder is coming back but primers are still scarce and sell out quickly. Even at these inflated prices.

SSGOldfart
12-18-2022, 12:41 PM
It's 'On Target' in Mabank.

Mabank is on the top end of Cedar Creek Lake on the East side, and just off US 175 as it comes out of Dallas.
Great place, but they don't allow foul language inside the store.

Thanks I'll have a look next time I'm up that way

panhed65
12-18-2022, 07:37 PM
I stopped by one of the local shops today, used to buy most of my primers and powder there. he had about 8 bricks of small rifle primers, $100. for some, then cci br primers were $105. still too steep for me. most likely I have enough to last the rest of my life with leftovers due to buying up lots of stuff after I paid off my house.
Barry

Jedman
12-18-2022, 07:57 PM
I saw some SRP at a local gun show last weekend for $ 50 per 1000. They were some brand I never heard of but thought that was the best price I have seen in over 2 years. I didn’t buy any beacause I don’t need them yet but hope to see other sizes show up soon.

Jedman

barnetmill
12-18-2022, 08:21 PM
Once hazmat and shipping for primers are done, $10 per hundred is not so terrible. When i buy midway per 1000 it seems to total about $120 when all is said and done.

What midway has in stock. One can get on a waiting list for other primers.
Cheddite Clerinox CX2000 Primers #209 Shotshell
8 Reviews
Our Price:
$74.99
($0.07 per piece)
Available
Federal Premium Primers #209 Muzzleloading
Federal Premium Primers #209 Muzzleloading
5 Reviews
List Price:$18.99
Our Price:
$16.99
($0.17 per unit)
Available

Bmi48219
12-19-2022, 10:33 AM
FYI
Got an email from Natchez Shooters this am. The have CCI SPM primers for $85 / thousand, limit 5. Plus free HazMat today & tomorrow.