PDA

View Full Version : Pedersoli Question

barnabus
12-14-2022, 07:42 AM
anyone here ever personally removed a front sight from a musket made by pedersoli? Im wondering are they simply soldered on or do they use some different method that I need to be aware before proceeding further in adding a higher front sight.I dont want to do the cutting a slot in the original base route. i have ordered a higher front sight from SS Firearms

NSB
12-14-2022, 09:16 AM
Is it it a dovetail? If so, just tap it out by tapping/pushing it from left to right (as seen from the shooting position as you look down the barrel).

elk hunter
12-14-2022, 10:37 AM
If the Pedersoli musket is built like an original American Civil War musket the front sight will be soldered on. Can't say if it's a copy of something foreign.

Sasquatch-1
12-15-2022, 09:02 AM
If you haven't gotten an answer to your question yet, try contacting:

Taylor's & Co. Firearms
taylorsfirearms.com
304 Lenoir Dr, Winchester, VA 22603 · ~19.4 mi
(540) 722-2017

If I am not mistaken, they are a major importer here for Pedersoli.

NSB
12-15-2022, 09:13 AM
http://cherrys.com/ Cherry’s is a big seller of Pedersoli firearms and can help answer your questions.

Rockindaddy
12-15-2022, 05:46 PM
The front sights are silver brazed! heat it up with an aircraft tip on your oxygen-acetylene tourch. They flux the barrel and the sight base and use a thin cut to size piece of silver solder. Its clamped in place and heated.

barnabus
12-18-2022, 07:40 AM
The front sights are silver brazed! heat it up with an aircraft tip on your oxygen-acetylene tourch. They flux the barrel and the sight base and use a thin cut to size piece of silver solder. Its clamped in place and heated.

may i ask how you know this?

indian joe
12-21-2022, 06:34 AM
may i ask how you know this?

makes sense to me. they make silver solder sheet about like alfoil . tis how we attach tungsten tips to plow points . flux it, clamp and heat till the solder runs - nothing moves that way.