PDA

View Full Version : Game King Shotmaker

Canyon
02-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Hi Ya'all,I have just been given a Game King shotmaker to use.It came with no instructions and i haven't a clue how to get the thing going.Can anyone help with what to do with this melter.I think it drips lead drops into diesel but don't really know how to set it up.Appreciate any help.Cheers

scrapcan
02-02-2009, 09:40 PM
have you got any pictures? Is it electric or flame? You can probably look at some of the other threads and get an idea of what to do. You can dro the shot into antifreeze, fabric softener, water soluble cutting oil, etc.. Diesel fuel has a tendency to be difficult to clean from shot and may cause dimples.

Others will be along soon.

Canyon
02-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi,No haven't any photos but all it is ,is a tray with a slope with a nipple at the deep end near the edge,sitting on top of an electric heater.Not much to look at but apparently does the job(if you know how to use it)Actually if you put'Game King shotmaker'into google you should see an expired auction on our 'trademe'web site.

JeffinNZ
02-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Canyon. I have one also. Dead easy to use. Run it HOT. Keep ingots sitting on the ramp constantly warming and melting. Rub some chalk on the lip under the nipple to stop the lead sticking. Place a container of antifreeze under the lip leaving about 1/4 inch free fall from the bottom of the ramp to the surface of the anti freeze.

I have 2 largish soup cans I use for the antifreeze and sit them in a dish to collect the overflow as the lead begins to displace the liquid. I change out the cans as the liquid warms up beyond a temp you can keep your finger in it. As the liquid warms the viscosity reduces and the shot does not form as well.

Wash of the shot in a sieve and then roll in graphic powder enough to coat.

I have used stick on and clip on WW's and both shoot clays very well. Both pattern nicely also. This is the ony shot I use now. Wish I had more than one nipple though as it is a little slow.

I have been told if you raise the front of the maker up the shot gets smaller and conversely if you raise the back the shot gets larger. All to do with the speed the flow operates at.

jameslovesjammie
02-03-2009, 05:49 PM
If Lee would make something like this and sell it for $125, they wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand.

JeffinNZ
02-04-2009, 04:54 AM
If Lee would make something like this and sell it for $125, they wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand.

Yeap, you're 100% right there. Have we suggested it?

shotman
02-04-2009, 09:59 AM
hydrolic oil works a little better but is more of pain to clean . If you use antifreeze use pure not 50/50 mix. Some like the Low Tox. In your case a gal would work shotman

Canyon
02-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the tips Jef,I put the thing on this morning with 3 Lee 1lb ingots of pure lead and set it on high.Under the end I put a 16oz tin full of Pak n Save fabric sofener($3.64 for 2ltrs)with an overflow tin next to it and waited to see what happened.All I did before was to 1000 grit sand the ramp.Just had a look at the shot I dipped out and its near perfect about size 7.I'M quite stoked,cheap shot at last.

JeffinNZ
02-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Good tip on the fabric softener. Good ol Pak n Save. Yes, the shot is great for what it is. I set up my maker and go and do something else for 20 minutes, come back and top it up, go away again, blah, blah. All pretty pain free and YES, cheap.

I have a confession to make. I even use once fired WADS. True. They work 2nd time round just fine.

Canyon
02-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Yeah I've used second time round wads too but some sort of don't build up enough pressure and barely leave the barrel.With the shotmaker ,I started getting popcorn and shot joined to each other so had to use a bigger tin with fabric softener.It must have filled the first layer or two and been too shallow.Hopefully this last lot will be better.We only dust clays and steel plates anyway.Last lot of wads I nearly had a fit paying for,they were $40 for 500.I think Reloaders are cheaper though.

blysmelter
02-09-2009, 05:19 PM
A picture of this machine would be nice.

Please..