PDA

View Full Version : Frankfurt Arsenal de-priming tool only

Sasquatch-1
12-12-2022, 08:39 AM
This is for FA users only. I am not interested in other brands and what they do.

I have the FA de-priming tool and was wondering if anyone else that uses the FA has a problem with occasional case getting stuck. There seem to be some cases that have a smaller flash hole than most and the pin tends to get stuck to where I have to use a pair of pliers to remove it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Finster101
12-12-2022, 09:13 AM
Yes, I have had the same issue. I solved about 90% of it by getting a new decapping pin from Squirreldaddy.com. Just to clarify you are talking about the hand de-priming tool, correct?

C.F.Plinker
12-12-2022, 03:04 PM
I had a similar problem. When I looked down into the cases of the offenders I saw a burr left over from when the primer hole was punched. A 5/64 drill applied to the burr eliminated the problem.

Sasquatch-1
12-12-2022, 05:24 PM
Yes, I have had the same issue. I solved about 90% of it by getting a new decapping pin from Squirreldaddy.com. Just to clarify you are talking about the hand de-priming tool, correct?

Yes. I am talking about the pistol style.

I had a similar problem. When I looked down into the cases of the offenders I saw a burr left over from when the primer hole was punched. A 5/64 drill applied to the burr eliminated the problem.

I have used the drill method but find it easier to keep a pair of plyers handy.

dannyd
12-12-2022, 05:53 PM
Happened to me and I just use plyers to remove the case.

dannyd
12-12-2022, 05:55 PM

Thanks for tip on Squirreldaddy.com; they have some cool stuff.