barnabus
12-05-2022, 06:48 AM
anyone know the formula?

Geezer in NH
12-05-2022, 09:33 AM
DO you mean Ben's?

Hickok
12-05-2022, 10:14 AM
I still have two containers of Len's lube I used for minie's in my 2 band Enfield.

Don't know the ingredients, but it is very good blackpowder lube.

Green Frog
12-05-2022, 12:17 PM
I believe Len’s Lube may be a proprietary formula, so it may not be open source. If it is public knowledge there are two places I’d look. There is a sticky on one of the forums on the ASSRA web page with many formulas listed and you might try searching the N-SSA website since the lube probably originated in the skirmishing community.

Froggie

barnabus
12-06-2022, 06:43 AM
DO you mean Ben's?

nope

Hickok
12-06-2022, 10:12 AM
I believe Len’s Lube may be a proprietary formula, so it may not be open source. If it is public knowledge there are two places I’d look. There is a sticky on one of the forums on the ASSRA web page with many formulas listed and you might try searching the N-SSA website since the lube probably originated in the skirmishing community.

FroggieRight you are. I bought mine in Winchester Va, at a N-SSA shoot.

gwpercle
12-06-2022, 11:30 AM
Ask Len ... He just might give it to you .
I got the recipe for Lithi-Bee from the original lube maker I bought it from just by asking for it .
He no longer made lubes .
Gary

Green Frog
12-06-2022, 11:45 AM
I seem to recall that the original “Len” is no longer making lube and my have passed the business to someone else. I think there is a similar product called “My Lube” or “My Own Lube” or some such. This category of lubes appears to be composed primarily of beeswax and Crisco, but there are surely some other “secret ingredients”, especially in the proprietary version.

Froggie

PS I have found my slightly modified version of Emmert’s lube works well for me with all BP applications. It looks very much the same as Len’s but is probably a little harder.