PDA

View Full Version : 2018 jeep

wgr
12-02-2022, 01:45 PM
was driving home when all the lights on the shifter on saying shifter needed looked at. car runs good any help.

BLAHUT
12-02-2022, 01:58 PM
Computer - solenoids, get a scan tool reader

Froogal
12-02-2022, 02:38 PM
Disconnect the battery for about 3 minutes and then reconnect. That should cancel the code. If there is a real problem, it will show up again.

Idaho45guy
12-03-2022, 04:31 AM
Most automotive parts stores like AutoZone offer free computer scanning that will read your codes and tell you what's wrong. I bought a scan tool for $40 and can read and clear trouble codes whenever I like.

WheelgunConvert
12-03-2022, 07:44 PM
If it’s a first year JL your batteries, yes there are 2, may be about to check out. Weird electronic stuff starts to happen when the Batteries get weak

Froogal
12-04-2022, 11:18 AM
If it’s a first year JL your batteries, yes there are 2, may be about to check out. Weird electronic stuff starts to happen when the Batteries get weak

Yes! Our 2012 Silverado threw a code for "misfire on cylinder 7". Took it to the dealer and he cleared the code, but the check engine light came on again the next day. This time I disconnected the battery and reconnected, but in the process of doing that I discovered the positive battery post clamp was not as tight as I think it should be. It really wasn't loose, just not tight. I snugged it down good when I reconnected the battery. The check engine light never came on again.