PDA

View Full Version : Retired?

SharpsShooter
01-17-2006, 06:02 PM
Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.

Well, for example, the other day I went into town and went to a coffee shop on Main Street. I wasn't in there too long; & when I came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

I went up to him and said, "Come on, buddy, how 'bout giving a senior citizen a break?" He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. I called him a Nazi.

He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires. So I called him a piece of stinking dog crap. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, I didn't give a darn. I came into town by bus. :)

I try to have a little fun each day; now that I'm retired ... it's important at my age.

Bigscot
01-17-2006, 10:01 PM
SS,

That was great!!! I am still rolling. This is why I am always polite and courtious to our seasoned citizens.

But I gota ask... is this true?

BS

Herb in Pa
01-17-2006, 11:05 PM
HEH...........good one

SharpsShooter
01-18-2006, 06:34 PM
SS,

That was great!!! I am still rolling. This is why I am always polite and courtious to our seasoned citizens.

But I gota ask... is this true?

BS

Bigscot,

I myself did not do the deed. It was sent to me by my father in law in North Carolina...and yes he would do it...heckuva guy :-D

Frank46
01-19-2006, 03:40 AM
SharpShooter, My buddy's mother in law is one for the books. The folks across the street have been less than kind to him for reasons I won't go into. So every morning when she's visiting she goes outside to have a smoke. Then the blinds across the street open up. So she stands there and gives them the finger. Then the blinds go down. Gotta love a woman like that. Frank

Bret4207
01-19-2006, 09:55 AM
I can't retire for at least 3.5 more years. That'll put me at 22.5 years on the job. I have at least 4 standing job offers. Will that qualify as retired?