PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in Scheel's Ammunition Sales policy

BK7saum
11-26-2022, 04:58 PM
Well, I placed an order for some ammunition at Scheel"s this morning amd the order was subsequently cancelled. I received the following message/explanantion.

Thank you for shopping at SCHEELS.com. Due to local and state laws and regulations, restrictions apply to the sale of certain products. To remain in compliance with local or state laws, the following item(s) have been canceled: Fiocchi Flyway Series Plated Steel Shot 12 Gauge Shotshells. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions, concerns, or would like more information, please contact our SCHEELS.com customer service team.

I have contacted Scheel"s through chat and the rep that I spoke with said a 3rd party did the verification on the order and that it was beyond anything that the rep could do.

I have also sent an email to Scheel's requesting an explanation for the prohibition on sales of ammunition to Oklahoma. I have liked Scheel's and have shopped with them in person and online for a few years now. This is the first time I have attempted to order ammunition from them. I sure hope this isn't a WOKE thing.

I figure I will limit my future shopping to Academy or Cabelas, although I like Cabelas much less since the buyout by Bass Pro.

Rant off.

gmsharps
11-26-2022, 06:23 PM
Take a look at the website for Mack's Prairie Wings. They have a good selection of steel shot most of the time.

gmsharps

BK7saum
11-26-2022, 06:55 PM
I shopped Mack's this time and quite a bit. Mostly sold out l, shipping was more as well. Thnks for the suggestion.

JRLesan
11-26-2022, 07:10 PM
Scheels had Aguila 38 grn 22's on special for $14.99 for a bulk box of 250. When my daughter got there, she was advised that that ammo had not yet arrived. Sales clerk then subbed Federal AutoMatch at the same $.06 a round price. No complaints here...

BK7saum
11-26-2022, 07:13 PM
No, Scheel's has always treated me right with previous purchases. Not sure where the hiccup is on this ammo order, but probably a computer issue. I input an alternate version of my address at their suggestion and sales tax went from $10 to $18. I don't live in the city limits and balk at paying the additional tax. So I did not finalize that order either.

pmer
11-27-2022, 10:47 AM
That's a little creepy, did they say anything more about the "3rd party" that canceled the sale?

Handloader109
11-27-2022, 02:49 PM
Yep, what 3rd Party Would be regulating the sale?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

BK7saum
11-27-2022, 04:03 PM
It may have been 3rd party software that checks the validity of the ship to address. i ordered some crossbow bolts a few weeks ago and they arrived just fine. Since this was ammo, there might have been an extra database that had to be checked for a valid address. I used my given 911 address on the order just like always.

BK7saum
11-27-2022, 04:05 PM
Lord knows that they cannot have ammunition
fall into the wrong hands.

Budzilla 19
11-27-2022, 11:35 PM
BK7saum, outside OKC,north of that town is what used to be called Gene Sears Shooting supplies.

It’s now called 7S? Shooting supplies. Also on hwy 33 outside Cushing is a place called Kings Guns.
Little search work and I believe you can find that particular ammo locally, maybe