PDA

View Full Version : Gun show score

Budzilla 19
11-19-2022, 03:17 PM
At the local gun show today, wandering about the tables, talking to old friends,etc, I picked a box of 50 WW-Super .44 Mag primed empties up off the table, checked the price, $20! Yes mam, I値l take those.
Next few tables down, a brand new in the box Lee Auto-Prime, both rods, springs, and clear lid. How much, mam? Oh, $25? Yes mam, I値l take that also!
Next table, scored a nice holster for my .22 revolver.
Now the bad news. Powder was from $35 to $65 a pound!!!!! Holy mackerel! ( passed on it)
Primers were $10-$15 per hundred, all sizes. Not paying that.
Slugs? OMG, I知 glad I cast my own! Nosler 30-150 grain Ballistic Tips, $75 per box of 100! 🤯😱 Nah, I知 good!
Did see a new Colt Anaconda in .44 Mag ( stainless finish)for $1600, if you池e looking for that weapon, that痴 not far off in price!
For a first day of the weekend, not too bad!
Got out before I saw anything else! Lol
Happy thanksgiving to all on CastBoolits

Winger Ed.
11-19-2022, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=Budzilla 19;5489291]Got out before I saw anything else! QUOTE]

I have also found that to be sound advice.

pietro
11-21-2022, 04:48 PM

Yep - quit when yer ahead.... :happy dance:

ACC
11-21-2022, 05:49 PM
At the local gun show today, wandering about the tables, talking to old friends,etc, I picked a box of 50 WW-Super .44 Mag primed empties up off the table, checked the price, $20! Yes mam, I’ll take those.
Next few tables down, a brand new in the box Lee Auto-Prime, both rods, springs, and clear lid. How much, mam? Oh, $25? Yes mam, I’ll take that also!
Next table, scored a nice holster for my .22 revolver.
Now the bad news. Powder was from $35 to $65 a pound!!!!! Holy mackerel! ( passed on it)
Primers were $10-$15 per hundred, all sizes. Not paying that.
Slugs? OMG, I’m glad I cast my own! Nosler 30-150 grain Ballistic Tips, $75 per box of 100! ���� Nah, I’m good!
Did see a new Colt Anaconda in .44 Mag ( stainless finish)for $1600, if you’re looking for that weapon, that’s not far off in price!
For a first day of the weekend, not too bad!
Got out before I saw anything else! Lol
Happy thanksgiving to all on CastBoolits

I have found that Gun Shows, at least here in central Texas are not the place to shop. Most if not all prices are more than a gun shop if you shop around. They are more like Gun Broker prices. At the last gun show I went to they had primers for $1000 a thousand. There was one good price of $950 a thousand.

ACC

Winger Ed.
11-21-2022, 05:50 PM

Yep - quit when yer ahead.... :happy dance:

Actually, you can double your money while at gun shows.
All you have to do is to fold it in half, and put it back in your pocket.:bigsmyl2:

Big Wes
11-25-2022, 07:53 AM
Actually, you can double your money while at gun shows.
All you have to do is to fold it in half, and put it back in your pocket.:bigsmyl2:

True that!