PDA

View Full Version : Encore Frame

missionary5155
11-18-2022, 07:06 PM
Can the Encore frame be used with any Encore Barrel to include the ML barrel ?
Thank you !

pietro
11-18-2022, 07:19 PM

AFAIK, yes.

My Son has a .300 Winchester Mag Encore rifle, onto which he dropped the Encore .50 muzzleloading rifle barrel w/o fitting or other issues.

I see you're not in the US at present, but if you return to the US it's illegal here (under US Federal Law) to mount a pistol barrel on the Encore frame, unless the frame left the factory as a handgun.

missionary5155
11-18-2022, 08:18 PM
Thank you for that information.
So I recon the safe route is to use our Contenders for pistols and the Encore for rifle barrels.

elmacgyver0
11-18-2022, 08:31 PM
I bought my Encore Frame as a pistol so I could go both ways.

7br
11-19-2022, 07:00 PM
I was under the impression that T/C registered all encore frames as pistols. It would be worth a call to verify.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

stubshaft
11-20-2022, 12:37 AM
Contenders make great rifles too!

NSB
11-20-2022, 01:23 AM
I was under the impression that T/C registered all encore frames as pistols. It would be worth a call to verify.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Not true. You either buy it as a pistol or as a rifle. Here in NYS, you have a lengthy process to register a handgun and owning a couple of Encores, neither is registered as a handgun. They were bought as rifle frames and delivered that way.

MT Gianni
11-20-2022, 02:14 AM
IIRC you cannot interchange forends on Encores and ML bbls.

M-Tecs
11-20-2022, 02:32 AM
TC makes two versions of the Encore. One in muzzleloader only that does not require an FFL and these frames only take the ML barrel unique to this frame. The other is the standard Encore that will take the standard rifle, pistol and muzzleloader barrels.

https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/muzzleloaders/pro-hunter-fx
With all the great looks, quality and accuracy made popular by the Encore® Pro Hunter XT™, the Pro Hunter FX is a fixed barrel (non-interchangeable) muzzleloader you can trust.

https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/interchangeable-platforms/encore-pro-hunter/platform
The Encore Pro Hunter System can quickly be configured as a muzzleloader, centerfire rifle or a shotgun. You’re only two minutes and two screws from adapting to nature’s challenges and opportunities. A pistol version is also available and can be tailored to suit your hunt.

leadman
01-04-2023, 11:47 PM
I am not sure if the ATF has changed their policy or not but they published a letter years ago that basically said it is ok to interchange rifle and pistol barrels on the same frame as long as you start with a bare frame. I have the letter someplace and will try to confirm if it is still valid or not. This was the result of a court case.

Here is the link I found: www.atf.gov/file/55526/download. I will contact atf to make sure it is still valid as I have swapped from one to the other before.