PDA

View Full Version : Hit the mother load this week

jhrosier
02-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Mid-week a fellow pointed me to 100# of 2/6/92 alloy, free for the hauling.:-D

Got 50# of 60:40 solder for practically free in a trade.:-D:-D

A fellow that I helped with sighting in his gun a few weeks ago, showed up at the range with 3 - 5gal pails half full of nice clean wheel weights, at least a couple hundred pounds, to thank me for my help.:-D:-D:-D

I bought a little stick-on aperature that goes on my glasses and can actually see the sights on my revolver and the target clearly at the same time, for the first time in years.:Fire:

and to top it all, the temperature got up to about 40 degrees today.:drinks:

This is much better than Christmas!

Jack

sniper7369
02-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Wow! That is a damn good week brother. Nothing better than free boolit alloy. :drinks:

doghawg
02-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Congrats on the good week! I had a good one myself. A random stop at a small town tire shop netted 3/4 of a 5 gal pail...120 lbs. I'm guessing...FREE! The guy said the salvage dealer wasn't paying enough for ww's to make it worth fooling with them. Big spender that I am I handed him $5 and told him to have breakfast on me! :-D

atr
02-01-2009, 08:22 PM
whats the name of the "stick-on aperature that goes on my glasses"....I need to get one !!
thanks

bishopgrandpa
02-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Merit optical used to make them in Niskayuna, New York. Used a lot in the Olympics. They are expensive but really work.

jhrosier
02-01-2009, 08:57 PM
whats the name of the "stick-on aperature that goes on my glasses"....I need to get one !!
thanks

You can check out the website here: http://www.eyepalusa.com/main.html

I know that it seems like a ripoff to pay for a little piece of plastic with an aperature, but by golley it works like you wouldn't believe!

I found the promoter at a gun show on Saturday. He spent about 15 minutes telling me how good it worked and then mounted one on my glasses and let me try it with a dummy pistol and a target mounted on the wall. I simply couldn't believe how good it worked.

I bought a set for rifle and handgun and tried them at the range this afternoon.
At 60+ years, my vision is no longer able to focus the sights of a handgun clearly enough to compete with the young guys. The Eyepal had me seeing the sights and target as clearly as I could 40 years ago, maybe even better!

Let me be perfectly clear (no pun intended) that I have absolutely no connection with or financial interest in Eyepal. I'm just a very satisfied customer.

Jack

jhrosier
02-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Merit optical used to make them in Niskayuna, New York. Used a lot in the Olympics. They are expensive but really work.

FWIW, the eyepal is quite a bit less expensive than the Merit, however it is not adjustable. There is a kit available that has two different sizes for handgun and rifle.
I did not get a chance to try the rifle sized aperature yet.

Jack

jdgabbard
02-01-2009, 09:15 PM
All that alloy is dangerous to your health. Ship it to me for disposal. I wont charge you anything. ;)

jhrosier
02-01-2009, 09:35 PM
All that alloy is dangerous to your health. Ship it to me for disposal. I wont charge you anything. ;)

Did anyone ever tell you that you are a nice guy?

I didn't think so...:kidding:

PM your email address to me and I will email you all of the alloy that I don't plan to use.:)

Jack

jdgabbard
02-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Did anyone ever tell you that you are a nice guy?

I didn't think so...:kidding:

PM your email address to me and I will email you all of the alloy that I don't plan to use.:)

Jack

It was worth a try :drinks: