PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if.......

abunaitoo
11-13-2022, 01:22 AM
What would you do if they closed the only shooting range you has access to?????
Living on a rock in the middle of the ocean, we have only one range.
It is closed right now, and the damacraps are working hard to come up with a way to never open it up again.
Don't hunt anymore.
We cannot target shoot in hunting areas.
No shooting on public lands. Except hunting areas.
No private ranges on island.
So with no place to shoot, what is a shooter suppose to do???

skeettx
11-13-2022, 01:25 AM
Vote

Winger Ed.
11-13-2022, 01:25 AM
You more or less have a problem without a solution.

imashooter2
11-13-2022, 04:58 AM
I’d cry like a 3 year old and leave my beloved island for a place that more closely aligned with my values.

Of course that is a lot easier to say than do.

john.k
11-13-2022, 07:09 AM
There is a similar strategy going on here.......the state owned range still has covid restrictions in force ......and doesnt look like they will ever be lifted.......two hour sessions,booked a week in advance,despite almost no one there ,if you dont book ,no entry.........Looks like the state is about to take the whole range for a police college.

contender1
11-13-2022, 10:49 AM
Sadly,,, the antigun types have been attacking gun owners for decades. They found out a direct frontal attack won't work, so they are using OTHER methods of attacking our rights. And in ways NOT protected by the Constitution.
A gun range should be afforded protections under a law called the Range Protection Act.

I know my gun range is.

So, what to do.
First off, are you a member of the NRA? Are you a member of a local gun club? Is the club a NRA affiliated club?
If not IT SHOULD BE, as should all of you.
Then, the NRA can be called in, and with the clout of their lawyers & such, a lawsuit could POSSIBLY be filed to re-open it. Why? The grounds would be the the restriction of exercising your lawful rights under the Constitution, by not allowing the part saying "bear arms." By removing your place to shoot, yet allowing the LEO's a place is also prejudicial.
But lawsuits take money.
I'd be looking hard for lawyers to help. And the NRA has the best when it comes to such stuff.

But sadly,, too many people say they will not be part of the NRA because of petty reasons. (Wayne, constant mailings that beg for money etc.) But the NRA is THE best resource for such stuff.

So, in my case,, I own a range. My range & club are NRA affiliated. I'd be screaming for their help as loudly as I could.

abunaitoo
11-13-2022, 06:58 PM
NRA life member from I forget when.
Long, long time ago.
Our NRA rep club is a paper tiger.
Mostly just a bunch that uses the club for their own enjoyment.
They are almost DOA right now.
NRA doesn't really help us here.
I'm guessing it's to far to travel, plus it's a damacrap controlled state.
We're kind of the un-noticed step child of the country.
But moving to another state is looking better and better every year.
Two of my best friends have relocated to Tennessee.
My sister lives in Tennessee.
Born here, lived here all my life, so hard to make a move at my age.

fastdadio
11-13-2022, 07:19 PM
I'd poison my well, burn my house, and shoot my way outta town....
Err, um, try posting an ad to begin a start up for a new club.

Winger Ed.
11-13-2022, 07:25 PM
They are almost DOA right now.
NRA doesn't really help us here.
I'm guessing it's to far to travel, plus it's a damacrap controlled state..

It's like California.
There isn't enough members or money coming in from there to make it worth their while for what it costs.

It reminds me of years ago when some gun grabber law passed in California and somebody from there
asked on one of the forums, "Hey, Where was the NRA on this"?

He got comments back like, "You should see it in the mirror".
Or, "obviously there isn't enough people in California who care enough about their rights and freedoms to bother protecting them'.

Kosh75287
11-13-2022, 09:56 PM
Move!

BLAHUT
11-13-2022, 11:37 PM
IMO
A lot of suggestions above. None answered the question, what to do in the meantime ?
One pump nematic, air pistol or rifle in .177, can be shot in house, in garage, in basement, an apple box filled with old quilts will stop all pellets, a wood box 4"deap with a piece on air duct tin, backed by a 3/8" plywood with a corrugated cardboard front will stop and contain all .177 pellets. Now you have a place to shoot, 10meters ( 33 ft ) or so. Then see what interest there is for a new club. Talk with the NRA ? Advertise ? A large group of people my get something done ? Then a new range?

Then the most Exstream, MOVE ?

imashooter2
11-14-2022, 03:30 AM
LOL! If the state is shutting down the only club on the island, they sure as hell aren’t going to allow permits for another!

jim 44-40
11-14-2022, 04:13 AM
I would look into shooting skeet from a floating barge out in the big vast Pacific. Just kidding! I guess 12 miles offshore is a bit far to go shooting