PDA

View Full Version : Lee type sizer for 6.5mm?

web365ster
11-11-2022, 04:47 PM
Looking for a 265 to 266 sizer. Anyone know of a Lee type one?

GregLaROCHE
11-11-2022, 07:35 PM
Consider the NOE system. It will give you a lot of different diameters to find out what your gun likes best.

stubshaft
11-11-2022, 10:45 PM
Although I have a few Lee type sizers, I did buy the NOE one for my 6.5's and have slowly been adding sizers.

The Dar
11-11-2022, 11:38 PM
If you're looking for the NOE in .265 order quick. They've been out of stock for months. 10 available yesterday. I ordered one so 9 left.

Harter66
11-12-2022, 03:02 AM
You can have any one of several members make one also .
Ammohead makes some , he has whatever Buckshot had left when he stopped doing them . They were about the same price as a Lee kit only in your needed diameter.

Polymath
11-12-2022, 01:59 PM
I made a bunch from Swagelok tubing fittings. I use mostly 1/2" NPT type threads, but straight threads are available Look for through hull bushing types.
If you have a buddy who works in Instrumentation, ask for old ones they would throw away. You are going to drill the guts out anyway. Drilling is done in steps with the final work done with a split wood dowel with a slip of emery cloth to finish the taper honing. Smaller is better to start, you can always remove more material if needed. If you did make them too big, save that one for a bigger die and repeat the process. You can find a larger one and glue a brass tube and hone it to size. I used JB Weld to glue it in place.
I have made "M" dies, sizers, decappers, gas check crimpers for 270 Win, case de-bulgers.
Even made them from Brass, doesn't need to be hardened steel. Good luck. No, I don't have a lathe.

Green Frog
11-12-2022, 09:26 PM
I've mentioned Tom Crone who has made a bunch of them for folks in N-SSA. I had him make a couple in large sizes then had a .313" sizer made. Check him out on the N-SSA Forum or PM me if you can't find contact info.

Froggie