PDA

View Full Version : Advice on 300 Blackout

web365ster
11-11-2022, 04:43 PM
I’m thinking about putting together an AR pistol in 300 blackout. Been researching for a while and it seems more questions come up with every one answered. I want a short barrel, probably 7-8” range. I plan to suppress it, though I haven’t chosen a can yet. I will be casting boolits for it, haven’t chosen a mold yet.
I have read that some have trouble with cast boolits in a short barrel getting action to cycle. Is this something I should worry about?
Boolits will be PCed. What molds have people had the most success with?

Finster101
11-11-2022, 04:57 PM
If you can find one of these it has worked great for me. MIHEC 300 Blackout 311-230 GRN. It is a bore rider design and that really helps eliminate chambering issues. This was a group buy mold, but may be available on his website.

redbullitt
11-12-2022, 03:04 AM
The noe blackout bullets, between 230 and 250 if i remember right have worked well in a number of pistols ive seen. All had pistol length gas. 1680, lil gun, and cfe blk all ran very nice with or without adjustable gas. I will say the cfeblk was loud, but man it would run them even at like 600 fps lol. Very gassy and easy to get cycling.