View Full Version : Cast Boolits is the BEST

Mint
11-06-2022, 08:51 PM
I have made quite a lot of threads/posts lately with lots of questions. I started my journey of reloading on my own (no one I trust in my area) about 10 or so days ago.

This forum is TRULY amazing and has helped me immeasurably. The help and guidance I've gotten here is world's beyond in quality and character. Super thankful to everyone that helped me and answered 5000 questions.

I've been on a number of gun forums and I shall put it nicely when I say they rub me the wrong way. The people on them generally are too stuck in their ways, get pissy about asking things, blah blah. I was telling my friend Cast Boolits is quite literally the coolest most supportive gun forum I have ever had the pleasure of being on.

I thought maybe it might be fun to show the "end result" of all this razz-ma-tazz :-P I know comparatively speaking to those with a lot of experience this may be nothing more than a midnight snack, however I feel very good about it and it has seated the first stones of my journey very firmly.

I'm very, grateful, thank you!!! Next up will be 44 magnum, and 45-70.

TBH I don't know which round I liked more... they had nearly identical velocities, identical deviations... the difference in accuracy is probably me trying to shoot a target meant for scoped 22's with a lever gun.

Bonus slow-mo shot: https://imgur.com/a/Pz8b8yX

Edit: I forgot to mention, I looked over the primers and such and they seem fine. The velocity was very predictable at ~1047-1052... but I checked anyway.

https://i.imgur.com/IQTJfoV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PpGspl3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LzllqOM.jpg

Winger Ed.
11-06-2022, 09:24 PM
As Darth Vader would say, "Impressive"........

Now, go forth, and sin no more........ and don't shoot your eye out kid.

robg
11-07-2022, 08:05 AM
ive learnt so much on this site .i wouldnt have the accuracy i get now without some of the advice here.

Wag
11-07-2022, 08:09 AM
This site has saved my hiney on more than one occasion. I have been idle in terms of loading or casting lately so I need to fix that.

--Wag--

schutzen-jager
11-07-2022, 08:34 AM
totally agree - it also the best administered firearm forum on the net - many of the other related forums have been bought out by progressive media corporations + their quality + participation has really declined -

Kosh75287
11-08-2022, 12:44 PM
This site has saved my hiney on more than one occasion. I have been idle in terms of loading or casting lately so I need to fix that.
--Wag--

AMEN, to THAT! THANK GOD for this forum!

super6
11-08-2022, 01:00 PM
I love this site as well, I get in trouble once or twice in awhile but that's all on me! GOOD job by the way!

mdatlanta
11-08-2022, 01:29 PM
Nice! ��

Winger Ed.
11-08-2022, 02:32 PM
You remind me of the new hire, young guys I used to work with.

Sometimes I'd get called over and asked, "Hey, is this right or what"?
Whenever I looked at their efforts and had to tell them, "Well,,,,,, I'm leaning towards 'or what' ".

Then bring them up to speed-
I enjoyed teaching them our trade, and when one of them would have some questions or hit a snag when learning something-
I go through the process with them.

When the lights came on and they'd say, 'OK, Yeah, I got it now'...
I'd go back to what I was doing, and leave 'em with: "That's great...... Now you're qualified to teach this class".

Soundguy
11-08-2022, 03:46 PM
I've seen lots of gun sites..lots of ammo sites..reloading sites..etc. And while I'm on at least one other really good 'general gun/reloading site... When it comes to anything specifically "lead"... This site quite possibly has more info than anywhere else on the internet.

JoeJames
11-08-2022, 05:21 PM
I joined up 4 years ago; at that time mostly checking on 44 Special loads, and then 2 or 3 years ago I could see handwriting on the wall, and decided to get back into bullet casting. I had more than a few problems dropping good bullets, but thanks to the members on here I got it squared away and now if I need more I just drop me some. But, advice here helped me immeasurably, and then From Ingot to Target allowed me to do a smidge better. Best site I have ever been acquainted with.

GregLaROCHE
11-08-2022, 09:20 PM
This is a great site. I’ve learned a lot from it and enjoy reading posts of other’s experiences. It’s the only forum I’m active on.

pworley1
11-08-2022, 10:06 PM
It looks like you are off to a great start. I started casting and loading in the late 1960's with an old dutch oven and a bent tea spoon for casting and a Lee wack-a-mole loader. I still learn new things on this forum all the time,