PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE! Winner CVS, ACE, Lowe's Dewalt, Milwaukee, You Have Won

DougGuy
11-05-2022, 02:04 PM
Beware of an ONSLAUGHT of scam emails from all your favorite stores, (insert store name here) You have won a new DeWalt drill! Milwaukee saw, ACE hardware blah blah blah...

Hilight this email and click on Report Spam, just don't click on anything that says CLICK HERE. You can also google "report phishing email to (again, put store name here)" and it will usually give you an email address, you don't copy and paste the contents, click on FORWARD and then use the email to forward the scam email.

This way they can track who sent it and where it came from because forwarding includes all the headers attached to the message. It gives them an origin to track back to. Eventually they will see most of these messages likely originated from a VPN, an un traceable private network but they can go after the host for supporting criminal activity and shut the VPN down.

CVS are LAMERS. They don't have an email address to forward phishing emails to, they want you to CALL on the phone!! Ever tried to get anyone on the phone at CVS??? Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha... Ya right.... One more reason I don't go to CVS for anything unless hell takes a sudden drop in temperature.

Finster101
11-05-2022, 02:33 PM
Yeah, in general I can't put much faith into when I have "won" something I never signed up for.

trebor44
11-05-2022, 02:38 PM
And here I thought I was "special". Sometimes you can 'forward' the message back to the sender. But it doesn't always work.

poppy42
11-05-2022, 03:52 PM
I guess you could say I’m the Ultimate pessimist. No such thing as the glass being half full it’s always half empty! With all that being said if I didn’t enter a contest I certainly wasn’t randomly chosen to win anything! If it seems too good to be true it is! What is it that PT Barnum once said? Oh yeah “there’s a sucker born every minute and two take them” or something thereabouts. If Folks quit trying to get something for nothing, most of the scams out there wouldn’t work!

Yeah I know I’m a bit cynical. Traveling down the great Highway of life, watching out for the potholes of gloom and doom, have pretty much made me that way! Lol

imashooter2
11-05-2022, 04:39 PM
I was more fun when they used to call on the phone and you could jerk them around for half an hour or so…

JimB..
11-05-2022, 05:56 PM
Just hit delete without opening.

samari46
11-05-2022, 11:54 PM
If it sounds too good to be true, then it isn't. Frank

45_Colt
11-06-2022, 06:17 AM
The easiest way to tell that it is spam is to hover the mouse pointer over the 'from' address area. The real email address should pop up. Note that they aren't being sent from the company that is in the subject line. Boom, spam.

I get these every day, most are in the spam folder. Which of course needs to be checked every day (anyway), as legitimate emails also end up in there.

45_Colt

jonp
11-06-2022, 08:31 AM
I started getting those type of notices in my comment notifications on YouTube. You will never get a notice from a poster of video's like that so don't fall for it. I contacted several of the posters and they thanked me for letting them know this suddenly started happening.

"Thank you for commenting. You have won a prize! Text ******** to claim your prize"

MaryB
11-06-2022, 02:18 PM
I started getting those type of notices in my comment notifications on YouTube. You will never get a notice from a poster of video's like that so don't fall for it. I contacted several of the posters and they thanked me for letting them know this suddenly started happening.

"Thank you for commenting. You have won a prize! Text ******** to claim your prize"

The telegram spammers on YouTube. Spam flag them, mute them, and make sure to leave them a nice reply LOL

higgins
11-06-2022, 03:51 PM
We used to get those from Walmart.

scattershot
11-06-2022, 04:01 PM
If I actually won all that stuff, I’d have to buy another house to store it all in.

Shawlerbrook
11-06-2022, 04:02 PM
Anything like that gets deleted immediately.

Handloader109
11-06-2022, 09:15 PM
Not necessarily a big fan ofCVS, but our provider of insurance mandates my wife'smeds come from them. And she calls them at least once a month. Zero issues with getting a pharmacy tech on the phone. All depends uponwhere you kive.

Also, my email in my phone usually has the suspicious emails in different font. Not intentionally, just seems to get sent that way....
And i delete any that i didnt ask for.,

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

ioon44
11-07-2022, 09:31 AM
I use "Block sender" to stop some of the spam

firefly1957
11-09-2022, 03:06 PM
I get them from dick's sporting good I won a prize click here to claim ! I hate dick's last time I walked in a few years ago was just to ask why they where still in business!