PDA

View Full Version : primer pocket pro

rancher1913
11-04-2022, 06:11 PM
I have been hearing about the primer pocket pro for a little while and the beta testers had good things to say, they finally went on sale at imortobot and I was able to snag one. showed up at the house the other day and i have been reading the install notes and watching the videos. for those that are not familiar this is a "dremal" type reamer tool for use on dillon 1050's and 1100's, it replaces the swage rod and actually reames the primer pocket to remove the crimp. had some spare time today and got it installed, took me about 2 hours, and got everything dialed in. I have been having problems with either the primer pocket not passing the go gauge or the length of the brass not passing the go gauge, seemed that when i got one side right the other would be off, i was getting very frustrated. well after installing the primer pro and setting it per the instructions and replacing the trim die and setting the trimmer height, i sent one piece of brass around and it was a little long but otherwise in spec. readjusted the trimmer and sent another piece of brass around and it came out perfect. loaded up the brass feed and hit the run button, no clutch problems and no jams and every piece of brass passed the primer pocket go/no go gauge as well as the overall length. after a long road i finally got my dillon automated and running to spec. if you are interested in the reamer, they are on imortobots website or vincints website(hes the designer)vp-mfg.com