PDA

View Full Version : Invoice From Norton Life Lock-Scam?

alamogunr
11-04-2022, 10:59 AM
I just received an email invoice from Norton Life Lock for a little over $300. I have consistantly avoided any dealings with Norton over the years, going back to when they were too invasive and hard to cancel.

When I Google Norton Life Lock, I get results for Lifelock(no space), which suggests that it is a scam.

There is a phone # to call if I want to cancel. The phone number is different than on the website.There is no mention of what (credit card, bank acccount, etc) would be charged. I suspect a scam but don't really know. Anyone have a similar experience? Any recommendations?

pmer
11-04-2022, 11:51 AM
Sounds like a scam to me. Don't click on anything in the email, that could be enough to load spyware on your device.

You did right by using a browser to look up the company in question. That way you can avoid the links in the email. Even if I had a account I'd log in through a web browser.

Good job.

missionary5155
11-04-2022, 12:10 PM
SCAM ! We get the same notice 4-6 times a year..

Scrounge
11-04-2022, 12:57 PM
I just received an email invoice from Norton Life Lock for a little over $300. I have consistantly avoided any dealings with Norton over the years, going back to when they were too invasive and hard to cancel.

When I Google Norton Life Lock, I get results for Lifelock(no space), which suggests that it is a scam.

There is a phone # to call if I want to cancel. The phone number is different than on the website.There is no mention of what (credit card, bank acccount, etc) would be charged. I suspect a scam but don't really know. Anyone have a similar experience? Any recommendations?

Definitely a scam. I get several of them a week, have never used Lifelock, and quit using Norton products nearly 20 years ago.

Bill

MaryB
11-04-2022, 02:03 PM
Look at the email address of the sender. If it is NOT fr m Norton you know it is a scam. Depending on your email client the address won't show, just hover the mouse cursor over it and it will reveal it. I get that stupid email at least 4 times a week!

Geezer in NH
11-04-2022, 03:53 PM
Scam all the way I sometimes get 4-5 a day. Put them and their @address into the spam no allow.

FISH4BUGS
11-04-2022, 05:13 PM
Use it for fire starter in your stove.

Winger Ed.
11-04-2022, 05:38 PM
That's the new fad for scams.

I've gotten huge bills from Microsoft, Norton, and McAfee.
They look real, with the company's logo & all, but they're all scammers.
As said, check the email return address if you're a actual client of any of them.

Hick
11-04-2022, 06:02 PM
Anytime someone says "we will charge your account" but does not identify the account number or the bank that has your account it is usually a scam. If you call them they will says something like "what was that account number?" or "Which bank?" or something similar hoping you will reveal the details.

elmacgyver0
11-04-2022, 06:19 PM
I get them too.
I just delete them without opening.

jonp
11-04-2022, 06:20 PM
Scam
Norton, however, is a legit company who's software is very good

Mal Paso
11-04-2022, 06:55 PM
Scam
Norton, however, is a legit company who's software is very good

Not as good as it was before Symantec bought out Peter Norton. He was a laid off aerospace engineer who came up with a deleted files recovery program. He created a suite of computer tools called Norton Utilities, the best on the market.

Finster101
11-05-2022, 01:38 PM
As far as I am concerned Norton is a scam.

alamogunr
11-05-2022, 01:40 PM
As far as I am concerned Norton is a scam.

I discovered that several years ago. It is what made me question the email. I have no idea about them now.

trebor44
11-05-2022, 02:40 PM
Forward it back and delete!

jonp
11-06-2022, 08:34 AM
Not as good as it was before Symantec bought out Peter Norton. He was a laid off aerospace engineer who came up with a deleted files recovery program. He created a suite of computer tools called Norton Utilities, the best on the market.

I used Norton Utilities for quite some time. Have not used them for awhile, though.

MaryB
11-06-2022, 02:15 PM
Norton itself is a virus and a pain in the rear to fully remove from a system.

Handloader109
11-06-2022, 09:16 PM
I'll agree with you Mary. I hare norton...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

kerplode
11-06-2022, 09:45 PM

Yes, it is absolutely and obviously a scam. They're trying to phish your financial information.

Don't call any numbers, don't click any links, don't do anything cute. Just delete it and go live your life.

This one has been making the rounds for months now...Honestly I'm surprised this is the first you're seeing of it.

And if you start getting random paypal invoices for Norton, Bitcoin, whatever, ignore those too. It's the same scam.

Wag
11-07-2022, 08:18 AM
Norton itself is a legit company and they make some legit products. Their web site will describe it all for you. They are NOT the company they once were, however and their products are not as good any more. Mostly bloatware. Their old Norton Utilities pack was amazingly well done.

That email you posted about, though is a scam and it did not come from Norton. As others have said don't click any of the links in the email and just delete the dang thing.

And be ready for a lot of other scam emails from legit companies. If you're not getting them already, you will before long.

--Wag--

popper
11-07-2022, 03:04 PM
Early on (80s), Norton was pretty good, now total junk.
Life- Lock - waste of time. tell you when you've been taken is all. Yup, I know who advertised it.