PDA

View Full Version : Anyone loading for a Canik.

wv109323
10-31-2022, 02:43 PM
I have two Canik pistols in 9mm. They are a Mete SFT and the Rival. The problem is that after 2 or 3 shots there is a build-up of lead or PC coating at the front of the chamber. After 2-3 rounds the next round will not go into full battery.
I am using a .3560 sized bullet in both lead and powder coated. Both ways the build up occurs.
Slugging the barrel reveals a .3545 bore diameter. Bulet profiles are round nose and TC.
I also taper crimp to .380.
Any suggestions?

anothernewb
10-31-2022, 05:16 PM
sometimes, the expander used won't open the case enough for larger cast bullets. depending on your dies. a few places make oversized expanders.

I have the SFX and run .357 in it.
When it was new I think mine needed a few rounds of plated to "burnish" the edges and smooth them out a bit. I got some leading right at the muzzle after a number of rounds. but after 1000 plated and jacketed, it runs that load all day long without any leading now.

joebaja
10-31-2022, 11:31 PM
I had some trouble with the Lee 120 TC in my TP-9SF unless I seated it deep. If I had any part of the bullet below the ogive above the case mouth there was a chance it would hang up. Super tight throat. The ones that I loaded right were great though. Fat-nosed RNs would cause similar hangups. The MP NLG clone of the H&G 275 SWC has been fantastic in it. (https://www.mp-molds.com/product/15895/) Feeds great and I've got great accuracy with it. With these and the RN SWC (https://www.mp-molds.com/product/359-135-swc-round-nose-6-cavity-mold/) you can size them to .357 and Bob's your uncle, because none of the ogive contacts the leade. I know I am skating up to the line of sounding like a shill for Miha, but these 2 are the best running boolits I have found for my TP9. All of mine are HiTek coated.

fastdadio
11-01-2022, 05:50 AM
A good throat reaming might do wonders. Send it to Doug and have him look at it.

G W Wade
11-01-2022, 06:50 AM
I picked up a Canik TP9 Combat Elite. All the Salient upgrades including match barrel. Leading and jamming with everything j'things. Quick trip to Doug Guy and life is good again. GW

Hickok
11-01-2022, 08:58 AM
Had a similar thing with my CZ-75B in 9mm and the lee 120 T/C powder coated and sized .356."

Would chamber smoothly in a clean barrel,(passed the "plunk test"), but after shooting a number of rounds rounds, if I tried to clear the pistol, or eject a loaded round by hand, the slide was tight and required some force to open and eject the loaded cartridge. Also had a couple of times when the slide would need a bump to go into full battery.

I seated the boolit .010" deeper and problem solved.

DocSavage
11-01-2022, 09:08 AM
I've a Canik the Mete 9sft and with the exception of 9 mm rn bullets have to be seated deep. Otherwise I love the pistol fits hand nicely.

mnewcomb59
11-01-2022, 09:20 AM
One time I had a Shield 9mm that would cut a ring of lead or PC off of bullets. The bullets would plunk just fine in a clean barrel but eventually there would be a round that failed to go into battery because the front part of the chamber was filled with a lead o-ring.

There was a sharp 90 degree corner between the chamber and the throat. I used a brass dome head bolt and some lapping compound and chamfered the edge between the throat and the chamber, and now it doesn't cut a ring of lead any more.