PDA

View Full Version : Shoutout to NOE

Jtarm
10-27-2022, 09:02 AM
I was in need of a .358-.362 expander plug so I could load as-cast .360 .38 wadcutters.

After a really bad experience with another outfit, I called NOE. They list a .358-.362 on their website, but not for revolvers.

After checking, Mr. Nelson said he would run some in revolver length and it would take 2-3 weeks.

A few minutes after hanging up, he called me back (who does that anymore?) to say his .358-362 rifle expander would work. So I ordered one plus a 10mm.

They arrived 2-days ago and the .38 expander is a God-send. It’s glass-smooth. I thought about sending a pic to the other vendor and saying here’s what an expander ball should like.

bedbugbilly
10-27-2022, 11:15 AM
I started switching over to NOE's expander plugs about a year ago - I have had nothing but EXCELLENT results with them! I have used M-dies for a long time but really like the ability of having a variety of plug dimensions depending on which boolits I[m loading. When I got out here to AZ this fall for the winter, I ordered expander plugs for what I load here as well.

I recently needed a .266" push through bullet sizing die for loading u some 6.5 X 50 Japanese for a couple of Type 38s I inherited. NOE was the only place I could find one - in their push through bushing bullet sizing system that they sell. I was so impressed with the NOE bushing bullet sizing system that I just switched over to it as well.

I have talked with Al a number of times in regards to orders/informatiom - he is a true gentleman who cares about his customers and he offers 1st class products all the way.

gwpercle
10-27-2022, 12:27 PM
Al Nelson did me a small kindness in 2015 ... It proved to me he's the kind of person that cares about people and will help even when he didn't have to .
His products are works of art and he's a First Rate guy .
Thanks Al Nelson :drinks:
Gary

Wheelguns 1961
10-27-2022, 01:06 PM
I have switched over to all NOE expanders. They are great, and perfect for loading cast. Al Nelson is a great guy. He is always willing to help.