PDA

View Full Version : ?Designer? Patch - a newbie's first roll . . . .

oldoak2000
01-31-2009, 02:20 PM
It's a Boy!! and a Girl!! and a ??? . . . . TRIPLETS . . . . .[smilie=p: [smilie=p: [smilie=p:
http://vidaccel.com/auction/ammostuff/pp_66.jpg

I thought some of you ol'timers would get a kick out of this.
Not trying to start any new fad or 'designer patch' line . . . .
Just a newbie using what I could find around the house to start my foray into paper-patching. After numerous failed attempts with various papers found around my house, I found some 'gift tissue paper' that mic'd at 0.001" yet was still strong when wetted - didn't tear when stretched tight- turned out well - just had to snap a pic and 'share the joy' . . . .:mrgreen:

Third one in the back is just some plain tissue paper, but it took 5 tries just to get one that didn't tear cause it's so weak. . . .

My cheap digital cam has the 'macro' function that will focus in closeups . . .

Enjoy!:veryconfu

docone31
01-31-2009, 07:13 PM
Looks good.
Might be soft for a patch though.

bcp477
01-31-2009, 09:06 PM
Hey, why not ? I hope they shoot well - give 'em a try. I have to say, though, that the "heart" motif is just a bit too girly for me.....but, heck, whatever works !

:bigsmyl2:

montana_charlie
01-31-2009, 10:56 PM
Does your rifling have a left-hand twist?
CM

oldoak2000
01-31-2009, 11:35 PM
Does your rifling have a left-hand twist?
CM
. . . don't know yet (this is all new to me . . ). It's a Mosin 91/30. I'm sure I probably did everything backwards. I'll pull a tight patch thru the barrel and see which way the rod twists. Then ya'll can help me decipher it . . .
-thanks!:D

montana_charlie
02-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Judging by the direction you twisted the tails, you probably wrapped the paper for left-twist rifling.
CM

Lead pot
02-01-2009, 08:55 PM
It dont make no never mind which you wrap the patch.

LP