PDA

View Full Version : Custom molds

technojock
10-18-2022, 08:23 PM
Anybody remember the company that would CNC a custom mold for you. I used to have a link to their sight but I can't find it now.

Tony

ranger391xt
10-18-2022, 08:42 PM
If you are thinking about the site with the on-line design tool, that was Mountain Molds. The owner retired sometime in 2020 I think and and the design tool is gone.

I have read where Accurate molds will cut a custom design, so you might try them.

Lee will also cut a custom design.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

high standard 40
10-18-2022, 09:04 PM
Tom at Accurate Molds has cut custom molds for me.

technojock
10-19-2022, 06:53 AM
I was thinking about Mountain Molds. I've taken a look at Accurate Molds and they have a design that I like better than the collar button mold for the .45-70 and it seems they will make it to the groove and rider band diameters I want.

Were you happy with your mold from Accurate Molds? Can you use it with Lyman handles?

Tony

high standard 40
10-19-2022, 06:39 PM
Very happy with all my Accurate molds. I use Lee handles. Can't offer any advice on Lyman handles.

technojock
10-19-2022, 06:58 PM
As much as I prefer the bullet design from Accurate Molds, they won't use the handles I have and for me it's a better deal to wait for the Lyman collar button mold to come back in stock... It's too bad he doesn't offer a choice of handles to use with his custom molds.

Tony

phaessler
10-19-2022, 07:01 PM
Very happy with all my Accurate molds. I use Lee handles. Can't offer any advice on Lyman handles.

Same... A+++ on his work, has done 6 for me, and Lee handles are the best universal fitment for any of the custom molds.

Mal Paso
10-19-2022, 11:15 PM
Lee handles are only $22 if that makes a difference.

LST-1185
10-24-2022, 05:40 PM
I have several brass and aluminum molds that Tom has made for me over the past years. All of them are excellent. As for the handles the ones I use are a locking type that cabin tree made several years ago but like Mal Paso stated the Lee handles are available at reasonable cost.

technojock
10-25-2022, 10:36 PM
I've been doing more research and there is a Lyman 45g 225 mold but it's a bit hard to find and it's a gas check design. The NOE mold costs more and requires a new set of handles but is a flat base design that I like much better. Options, options...

I considered modifying a Lee mold since if I screwed it up, I'd only be out around 40 bucks.

I'm going to think on it for a long while since I have more than enough jacketed boolits for now...

Tony

BLAS DE LEZO
11-05-2022, 04:30 PM
mp fabrica los que para mi son los mejores moldes del mercado; también los fabricaba con tus propios diseños, en distintas opciones de material (aluminio, acero, latón), numero de cavidades (2,4,6,8),para mangos o adaptados a maquinas magma.... espero que os sea útil https://www.mp-molds.com/

Gobeyond
05-11-2023, 12:04 PM
As much as I prefer the bullet design from Accurate Molds, they won't use the handles I have and for me it's a better deal to wait for the Lyman collar button mold to come back in stock... It's too bad he doesn't offer a choice of handles to use with his custom molds.

Tony

They are available at natchezss and gunbroker