PDA

View Full Version : I found this hopeful, Photos of Black Gun owners on NPR

clearwater
10-15-2022, 05:50 PM
If not appropriate for this section please delete.

"These are the faces of the rising number of Black gun owners in the U.S."

https://www.npr.org/sections/pictureshow/2022/10/13/1126878376/christian-lee-captures-black-gun-ownership-in-armed-doesnt-mean-dangerous

Winger Ed.
10-15-2022, 06:25 PM
Cool.

Little known fact:
One of the original missions of the NRA was promoting gun ownership for blacks.

imashooter2
10-15-2022, 06:27 PM
We see too much of the feral scum that occupy our inner cities and not enough of the decent folk that go to work every day and struggle to get by the same as anyone else.

Handloader109
10-15-2022, 06:30 PM
Not a bad thing. If the police can't protect the inner cities then the public must protect themselves. Crime is colorless

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

elmacgyver0
10-15-2022, 06:43 PM
I am a member of an indoor gun range at a LGS that is owned by a woman and caters to female shooters, well every shooter, but especially females.
I see a lot of black shooters there both male and female. The other day I saw an oriental person.
It is a very good sign, the more people into shooting the better.
There is also a black gentleman working there.
My wife bought me the membership last year for Christmas so I would have something to do while she does her thing at the beauty salon.

jaysouth
10-15-2022, 06:53 PM
A club I once belonged to provided range time and safety instruction to a gay group called "the pink pistols" They apparently got into it and bought land for their own ranges. I think there is a chapter in every large city.

elmacgyver0
10-15-2022, 07:05 PM
A club I once belonged to provided range time and safety instruction to a gay group called "the pink pistols" They apparently got into it and bought land for their own ranges. I think there is a chapter in every large city.

I have heard of them, more power to them.

BLAHUT
10-15-2022, 07:16 PM
Good - We need all the help we all can get. More in the family the better, way too uneducated anti-gunners.

deltaenterprizes
10-16-2022, 09:17 AM
The Director of Teen Court where I am a Court Security Officer told me that he recently purchased a 1911 in 45ACP.
He is a black gentleman and family man, a really nice guy.

JimB..
10-16-2022, 02:06 PM
The content of the article, that’s great. The headline, that irritates me.

WRideout
10-16-2022, 03:22 PM
At first I thought it was about people who owned AR type rifles.

For generations, rural black people have used firearms for hunting. While there is nothing unusual about black Americans who use guns, the hysterical media seems to always want to portray the stereotype of gang members using semi-auto weapons in crimes. This is far from the truth.

Wayne

nicholst55
10-16-2022, 06:28 PM
Honestly, I'm quite surprised that NPR (National Peoples Radio) would admit that there are law-abiding gun owners - of any persuasion.

elmacgyver0
10-16-2022, 06:39 PM
Honestly, I'm quite surprised that NPR (National Peoples Radio) would admit that there are law-abiding gun owners - of any persuasion.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

jonp
10-16-2022, 06:52 PM
May 26, 2021. Antone started a Facebook group with nearly 2,000 members in the Austin area with the goal of creating a safe space for African Americans to talk about firearms.

You don't need your own group to have a "safe space". Show up at any gun range and I guarantee everyone will bend over backwards to make you feel welcome and help you with any questions you have

elmacgyver0
10-16-2022, 06:53 PM
You know, I have gotten into trouble more than once on this website and incurred infractions.
All for being nasty to people I think are idiot liberals.
The truth is I have a lot of friends that are liberals.
When it comes to politics, I think they are idiots, and they think I am an idiot.
I will always be friends to them as long as they are friends to me.
My liberal friend at work put a "Proud to be a Liberal" magnetic sign on one of my file cabinets.
I left it there; I figured it would bother him more than if I took it down.

fixit
10-17-2022, 07:05 AM
I will add myself to the ranks of those who applaud and assist anyone who, with a serious level headed approach, goes into arming themselves. I have always recognized the limitations of the police, which are increasing with the manipulation of their ranks for political purposes. We have always been responsible for our own defense, first and foremost, but we have been conditioned to believe that it's the job of the police to take care of that. One need only look at the responses to the school shootings to see where that gets us! I find, at least here in fly over country, that there are still men and women who are willing to stand in the gap when danger arises......they just aren't celebrated like they used to be.

Wag
10-17-2022, 07:13 AM
ALL citizens should be gun owners.

--Wag--

fixit
10-17-2022, 07:24 AM
And basic firearms safety should be taught in school.

JimB..
10-17-2022, 07:27 AM
At first I thought it was about people who owned AR type rifles.

That would be “black guns” not “Black guns”
Someone has decided that when describing people or a person that is black, that the b should be capitalized.
The same is not applied to the w when the topic is whites.
I am amused that there is much debate in that world about what to do about brown.
It’s a minor irritation, just silly woke signaling about which I can’t imagine any POC cares.

country gent
10-17-2022, 07:35 AM
What is happening is a return to the countries basic beliefs moving back from government protection and support to the earlier days of self reliance and support. People are learning there is a big difference in the "gated" areas our politicians and leaders live in and the communities and suburbs the populace live in.

bedbugbilly
10-17-2022, 11:13 AM
Hmmmmm ........interesting article . . . but I don't see pictures of Black gun owners . . . I see pictures of AMERICANS who like other AMERICANS are sick and tired of being lied to by their local politicians who only care about their individual greed rather than putting criminals behind bars and making their communities safe for all AMERICANS. Hard working AMERICANS who try to live their life in an honest manner, go to work every day and try to take care of their families who shouldn't have to worry about scum shooting up their community and their safety when they are in their homes or out on the streets trying to live a normal life. My hat is off to ANY AMERICAN who is willing to say "enough is enough" and arm themselves for their own protection and that of their family if necessary.

Kind of funny isn't it? Those who want to de-fund and do away with the Police, no cash bail and the release inmates, are the first to cry and moan if they are the victim of a crime and when they call the Police, nobody comes?

Great post - thanks for sharing!

Ickisrulz
10-17-2022, 04:34 PM
Cool.

Little known fact:
One of the original missions of the NRA was promoting gun ownership for blacks.

Every so often I see someone making this claim. But, when I look into it I find it to be false. Do you have any supporting evidence?

Geezer in NH
10-23-2022, 12:26 AM
Racism at its worst in this thread.

My gun club has two Chinese shooters man and wife who shoot trap. They own a restaurant in town, note the only one in town. They also compete in our action pistol events every month.

We have no black members as none live here. I however have many black friends from my department in the fire service. Some shoot some do not kind of like the white guys I worked with.

Two of my last partners in my unit were black. I would give my life to save theirs as they would mine. My best friend and partner is a black MAN he died from cancer of the brain. I cried openly at his funeral.

Cut the friggin racism here.

Thin Man
10-23-2022, 08:08 AM
Our town has a Japanese manufacturing facility that is very big and still growing and expanding. They frequently have company executives and their families visiting from Japan. It is not uncommon they will call our FFL dealer who has retail sales, rental firearms and an indoor range on site to ask about range time. These range visitors are usually timid when they arrive at the range but they always leave wearing huge smiles.

JimB..
10-24-2022, 12:47 AM
Racism at its worst in this thread.

My gun club has two Chinese shooters man and wife who shoot trap. They own a restaurant in town, note the only one in town. They also compete in our action pistol events every month.

We have no black members as none live here. I however have many black friends from my department in the fire service. Some shoot some do not kind of like the white guys I worked with.

Two of my last partners in my unit were black. I would give my life to save theirs as they would mine. My best friend and partner is a black MAN he died from cancer of the brain. I cried openly at his funeral.

Cut the friggin racism here.

What are you talking about? I don’t see anything offensive towards any particular race in this thread, can you point it out?

Battis
10-24-2022, 06:41 AM
Poverty and lack of opportunity, white slave owners, lynching, slow police response, racial violence, "need for survival, rather than an obsession with guns", Black Panthers protecting Black (capital B) communities from police brutality, journalist Ida B. Wells insisting that every Black home be equipped with a Winchester rifle...
Naw, there's no racist slant to that article.

Wag
10-24-2022, 07:07 AM
What are you talking about? I don’t see anything offensive towards any particular race in this thread, can you point it out?

Likewise.

--Wag--

Battis
10-24-2022, 08:07 AM
American gun ownership is increasing. OK.
Black American gun ownership is increasing. OK.
Black American gun ownership is increasing due to the rising crime rate. OK.
Black American gun ownership is increasing due to the rising crime rate, but not due to an obsession with guns. Iffy...
Black gun ownership can be traced back centuries, mostly to fight white oppression. Oh yeah, NPR.

JimB..
10-24-2022, 09:27 AM
Poverty and lack of opportunity, white slave owners, lynching, slow police response, racial violence, "need for survival, rather than an obsession with guns", Black Panthers protecting Black (capital B) communities from police brutality, journalist Ida B. Wells insisting that every Black home be equipped with a Winchester rifle...
Naw, there's no racist slant to that article.

Without agreeing or disagreeing with your statement, the comment was that the THREAD was “racism at its worst”

Battis
10-24-2022, 10:38 AM
When the article is based on an anti-white premise, everything that follows is racist, or at least racial.
It is kinda racist to point out black shooters, Chinese and Japanese shooters (Oriental is considered racist - I found that out the hard way). Yep, I know "one of them." Racist.
NPR couldn't simply talk about gun ownership without bringing race into it. "They" have guns because of "us."

Der Gebirgsjager
10-24-2022, 10:58 AM
NPR -- dicey at best.

Is this thread racist? Each individual who reads it will have to make that decision for themselves. Personally, I'll go with "informative" and perhaps "unnecessary".

In any event, the groundwork has now been laid for accusations of who is and who isn't racist, so it's time to close the thread in the interest of forum harmony. It is not being deleted, and shall remain for those wishing to read it.

DG