PDA

View Full Version : Need info, found some paper-patch bullet moulds

LeadHead72
10-15-2022, 02:23 PM
Recently I ran across someone who is selling some bullet moulds, including some that are for paper-patched bullets. Most of them appear to be NEI brand. I was just wondering if there is much demand for these and since NEI is out of business how would I go about determining a value on each one? At this time I don't have a list but plan to go back and take another look at them soon.

Nobade
10-15-2022, 04:57 PM
Most of those older NEI paper patch designs were made to patch up to groove size. Not many BPCR shooters do that so you may find you have a limited audience. Otherwise they are top quality molds. Maybe keep an eye on completed auctions on Ebay to get a feel for value.

Nueces
10-15-2022, 05:10 PM
A bit over 30 years ago, I visited a shop in El Paso and bought an early NEI 300-210-Sp double cavity mould, new in the box. 210 grain spitzer for paper patching the 30 calibers, such as the 30-40 and 30-06. Might also work well in the 30 WCF, say in the Rem 788, for target shooting.

So, I'm curious what LeadHead turns up.

LeadHead72
10-15-2022, 05:16 PM
A bit over 30 years ago, I visited a shop in El Paso and bought an early NEI 300-210-Sp double cavity mould, new in the box. 210 grain spitzer for paper patching the 30 calibers, such as the 30-40 and 30-06. Might also work well in the 30 WCF, say in the Rem 788, for target shooting.

So, I'm curious what LeadHead turns up.

It's a local guy and I'll be going back to get a complete list, but at least some of the paper-patch moulds were in the .510 caliber range IIRC. A gentleman passed away and a friend is helping the widow sell his shooting/reloading items, which included a LOT of stuff. One of the boxes contains perhaps 20 moulds, most of which are NEI in bullet designs such as described above that most people would not typically want/use. There are lots of less than common die sets as well.