PDA

View Full Version : For Thought and Meditation - Friday, October 14

Pine Baron
10-14-2022, 06:50 AM
Good morning all. An inspiring message today from Hagee. Pay attention to your priorities. Have a safe and blessed day

Hagee Ministries
Today's Scripture

Matthew 12:25
"Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand."

In one of his most famous speeches, Abraham Lincoln uttered this oft-quoted line: “A house divided against itself will not stand.” He took the verse directly from Scripture, and the point he made is just as relevant today.

He emphasized that, if America was going to fall, it would collapse from the inside out. Through the pride and arrogance of self-deception and self-reliance, this country is destroying itself at so many levels.

We believe that we can address all these issues on our own. We can rectify the economy, correct our failing education system, resolve the race issues, and right all wrongs. We can make America great. None of that is true!

Jesus declared that apart from Him, we could do nothing (John 15:5). It is time to place Jesus back where He belongs – not in a book collecting dust on the coffee table. We need to welcome His transformative power into our hearts, minds, souls, and bodies.

We do not need truth that makes us comfortable; we need the Truth of God’s Word that alone makes the difference! We do not need a denominational takeover. We do not need a particular political party in power. We do not need one more opinion. We need to submit to Him as one nation under God until freedom rings from sea to shining sea!

Today's Blessing:

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you and give you His peace. May you live in His Truth and boldly proclaim your allegiance to Jesus Christ, faith, family, and patriotism!

USMC87
10-14-2022, 08:39 AM
Amen, we can do nothing without Christ!

GhostHawk
10-14-2022, 08:58 AM
The blessings that God put on the United States of America at its birth have been removed. We can not put them back.
But we need to repent, fall on our knees and beg for forgiveness, and forgive those who have hurt us.
The USA needs to turn back to the Lord, and we have a part to play in that.

But the blessings have to come from GOD.

Good Cheer
10-14-2022, 09:29 AM
GhostHawk, all I could say is yeah, me too.

For the most part our people have no concept of why they could need repentance.

dverna
10-14-2022, 09:38 AM
We think America is blessed but IIRC God only blessed one nation....not this one.

We are a legend in our own minds. Yes, still the greatest country in the world, in spite of not being perfect, but our arrogance has cost us. Being "better" does not make us perfect...and not always "right".

Every house that is divided does not fall. We can agree to disagree. My sons are both Democrats. I can banish them from my life, and they can banish me, or we can agree not to talk politics and love each other. Same goes for friends who think differently.

Anyone who thinks everyone will agree on everything is a foolish person to be ignored...even if such thinking comes from the Bible. We are not robots. It is how we deal with conflict that measures us as people and Christians.

GhostHawk
10-14-2022, 09:19 PM
Don read some of Jonathan Cahn. 9-11 was one of the signs of the blessings being removed.

Knowing some of what happened to Israel when they turned away from the Lord I shudder to think of what is coming if we do not as a country repent and turn back to him.

And I see no sign that it is happening.