PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone still use Dream Whip?

Winger Ed.
10-13-2022, 08:03 PM
I'd forgotten about it.
We didn't really do much with whipped cream when I was a kid.
Even when Cool Whip came out,
it took us a long time to collect enough of their redneck salad bowls to make a set.:bigsmyl2:

I was watching some old shows on antenna TV awhile back.
If they don't sell enough new commercials, they run some of the old ones from the 50s-early 60s.
I'd forgotten about Dream Whip until they ran an old commercial for it.

The grocery store still keeps a few boxes of it, and I got and made some.
Gosh it's good. By comparison, Cool Whip is nothing but white colored air.

dverna
10-13-2022, 10:36 PM
Yes, but not as advertised...lol

MUSTANG
10-14-2022, 10:53 AM
NO. It does not come in a plastic tub suitable for using in Powder Coating Boolits!!

Geezer in NH
10-14-2022, 11:01 AM
Nope, I do like the stuff that comes in the refrigerated cans. My JRT like to huff it out of the can.

edler7
10-16-2022, 10:44 PM
My sister uses it in cakes or frosting or something like that.

She finds it at Menards.

Noah Zark
10-16-2022, 11:05 PM
My sister uses it in cakes or frosting or something like that.

She finds it at Menards.

Dunno about finding it at Menards. Meijer, maybe.

Noah

Rapier
10-18-2022, 11:20 AM
Just in time for the holidays, strwberry shortcake. Pound cake in a deep pan. Let cool transfer to shallow pan, cut with electric knife, long wise into layers, using the top of the shallow pan as a blade guide. Drop out on serving dish. Layer with frozen or fresh strawberries, mashed and sugared, then cool whip, repeat, then cover with cool whip, and pieces of strawberries, refrigerate and serve, same day.

MaryB
10-18-2022, 01:31 PM
Dunno about finding it at Menards. Meijer, maybe.

Noah

Most Menards have a food section, and they carry quite a bit of old fashioned candy and other products that many stores no longer have.

Noah Zark
10-18-2022, 06:55 PM
Most Menards have a food section, and they carry quite a bit of old fashioned candy and other products that many stores no longer have.

No kidding? My most recent Menards visit was 2016 in Angola, IN. But I was on a mission to outfit a toolbox to get a job done.

Still, Meijer prolly has it.

Noah

Good Cheer
10-18-2022, 07:48 PM
The refrigerated can on full auto works well for training a misbehaving cat in the kitchen.

NSB
10-19-2022, 09:24 AM
I worked at a place once that did aluminum brazing on automotive products. We bought brazing flux from a nearby chemical company. Their head of operations was a fellow with a PhD in chemistry. Prior to making brazing flux he said he worked for a company that made Dream Whip. He said he finally quit working there when he began to realize that there was no nutritional value in the product and it bore little similarities to any real food product. Just sayin……

jimlj
10-24-2022, 08:20 PM
I worked at a place once that did aluminum brazing on automotive products. We bought brazing flux from a nearby chemical company. Their head of operations was a fellow with a PhD in chemistry. Prior to making brazing flux he said he worked for a company that made Dream Whip. He said he finally quit working there when he began to realize that there was no nutritional value in the product and it bore little similarities to any real food product. Just sayin……

The same could be said for a large percentage of “food” items you find in the grocery store.

megasupermagnum
10-24-2022, 08:24 PM
You mean whipped sugar cream doesn't offer good nutrition? They had me fooled. Next you are going to tell me a cookie is 50% sugar.[smilie=l:

Winger Ed.
10-24-2022, 10:35 PM
The refrigerated can on full auto works well for training a misbehaving cat in the kitchen.

I quit buying those a long time ago.
I'd eat them on the way home from the grocery store.

Milky Duck
10-25-2022, 01:49 AM
Yes, but not as advertised...lol

yeah I too was thinking of scantiliy clad female and a pole running from floor to ceiling...
I believe the whipped cream in a can has been the usual at stag doos forever...shaving cream just not as good.