PDA

View Full Version : Choke question

crabo
01-31-2009, 02:52 AM
Are the "Dead Coyote" chokes, or others like them, anything more than a turkey choke?

Thanks,

mikenbarb
01-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Thats what they mostly are depending on the choke constriction. What are you shooting thru it? I use the Patternmaster tube in my Browning Gold 3.5" and it throws the best pattern of buckshot and large shot I have ever seen from any tube made. Check them out, Their good stuff for big shot. For smaller shot I use an Undertaker in my one turkey gun and a Briley turkey tube in the other with straight lands to slow the wad and stop it from spinning before it leaves the muzzle. It definatly improved my patterns with the turkey reloads I shoot with #5 and 6 shot. Im averaging around 30 kill zone pellets(Head and neck vitals) @ 45yds with the Briley and the Undertaker is averaging 15.

Johnch
01-31-2009, 06:42 PM
Are the "Dead Coyote" chokes, or others like them, anything more than a turkey choke?

Thanks,

Never checked my freinds
But I did pattern some Dead Coyote loads
In my 11/87 and 870
A Briley Mod and IM both produce almost exactly the same great patterns at 70 yds

As All the Hevi Shot pellets are a lot harder than any lead pellet
They take less choke

John

crabo
01-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Mike, I am shooting them through a Benelli M1 Super 90. I have all Briley chokes up through full. I don't have a turkey choke and am planning on doing some coyote hunting. I was thinking of doing the 2 gun thing. I know you never know until you pattern it, what you really have. I am going to find a place to do some patterning.