PDA

View Full Version : New Lone Star rifle

JSnover
01-30-2009, 10:02 PM
I just had a rolling Block rebuilt by Dave Higginbotham at lonestarrifle.com and it is a work of art. The picture doesn't do it justice. Anyone thinking about having one built or rebuilt, drop him a line. The service is fast and the price is right.

jhrosier
01-30-2009, 11:56 PM
.. The service is fast and the price is right.

Very nice rifle, but I just gotta know, how much does he get for a job like that?

Was the action from a sporting rifle or a military gun?

Jack

JSnover
01-31-2009, 08:24 AM
Well, most of the original parts were gone by the time I got the rifle but as near as I can tell it was a 1902 smokeless action. There were no markings at all except for the patent lines on the top tang.
A job like that will cost $1500-$2000. This one was on the high side because I went for the set trigger and case-hardened reciever. Only took two months to get back!
I don't like to quote exact dollar amounts since every job is different. I worked as a mechanic for a while and if one customer paid $500 for a job, the next one expected the same price, even though his plane was completely different. If you want I'll PM you the specs, the work that was done and the actual cost.