PDA

View Full Version : Ginex Bosnian primers

curiousgeorge
10-01-2022, 09:11 AM
I feel this has been discussed before, but has anyone have experience with the Ginex primers? A buddy just ordered 1k lrp and 1k srp.
Thanks

Dusty Bannister
10-01-2022, 09:40 AM
Here is one thread to look at.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?446780-Anyone-using-these-ginex-primers&highlight=ginex+primers

GBertolet
10-01-2022, 09:52 AM
I bought 5K of SP this summer. They work fine. I did notice that they were a tiny bit larger in diameter than domestic primers. Once in a while if you have a case with a tighter primer pocket, a little more effort is needed to seat them. The plus side is, cases that have been reloaded many times, that domestic primers are a bit loose in, and otherwise to be discarded, the fit is perfect with these primers, extending the use of the cases.

Hanzy4200
10-01-2022, 07:10 PM
No personal experience, but I read a post a while back that a fella did have a couple duds, but they were rare. I think it was 2-3 out of a brick. Just this evening, I finally used my very last regular small pistol primer. Thankfully I do have 3-4 bricks of magnums, and 7-8 bricks of Small Rifle, both of which I can substitute. Considering I made it over 2 years, and never overpaid, I think I did ok.

If I saw the Ginex primers for a reasonable price, I'd buy some. I shot the crap out of the old Tula primers. Definitely not CCI's, but for $28 a brick I wish I had bought a pallet.

Ed_Shot
10-01-2022, 08:09 PM
I bought a bunch of Unis Ginex LPP on sale (Graf's I think) back when Americans ran the country. I've never had an FTF. No complaints here. I too wish I'd bought a pallet.

openbook
10-01-2022, 10:05 PM
...back when Americans ran the country.

Too true, that.

I bought a few bricks of Ginex LPPs this summer. I've only used around 100 so far but they have all fired without trouble.

pworley1
10-01-2022, 10:37 PM
I bought 20 thousand a few years ago ,5000 each of LR SR LP SP, they have worked well for me.

Soundguy
10-01-2022, 10:53 PM
I bought 5K of SP this summer. They work fine. I did notice that they were a tiny bit larger in diameter than domestic primers. Once in a while if you have a case with a tighter primer pocket, a little more effort is needed to seat them. The plus side is, cases that have been reloaded many times, that domestic primers are a bit loose in, and otherwise to be discarded, the fit is perfect with these primers, extending the use of the cases.

Yeah..aguila case are a pita to prime with slightly larger primers... I had to use an ID chamfer tool to make a bevel to seat them in aguila cases.

justindad
10-01-2022, 11:28 PM
How do their magnum primers perform?