PDA

View Full Version : Reloading Supplys in short Supply

Boerrancher
01-30-2009, 01:33 PM
I went to Graf's yesterday as I normally go at least once a month. The last 3 times since I have been there, since the Election there is hardly anything in stock. I wanted the Forrester Hollowpointing tool for the case trimmer, both Rifle and pistol were sold out. I wanted a 452 sizing die for the Lyman 450, they were out of that. I wanted to buy some six cavity Lee moulds in some of the common cal's and wt's that I use, and they were sold out of all of those. In fact, the only moulds they had in any of the brands was the odd ball wts that most people wouldn't use unless it was for a special application. I couldn't even buy a set of 30-30 WCF reloading dies, they were out of stock.

I also talked to one of the midway reps while I was in Columbia, and they are out of stock on a lot of things as well. What the heck is going on? If people are this afraid of the government, why did they elect the ********? I have an acquaintance that owns a small town gun shop and he can't order AR-15's. None of the suppliers have them and there is a back order that could take as long as 6 months. I know I don't get out much, but is there something I am missing. I could possibly see a run on Loaded ammo, primers, and powder, but holy sheep, :holysheep this is getting out of hand. It is like all of tools and components used to load/cast/mfg ammo for the common cartridges has been sucked off the planet.

My Cousin/neighbor went to the nearby town looking for a couple bricks of 22 L.R. ammo. Wal-Mart was sold out of it, as well as our local Farm and home supply. I can not believe that my brothers and sisters in arms are burning up that much ammo in Iraq and Afghanistan, that the ammo mfg's are having to cut back on rimfire ammo just to meet the demand of the military. Where is all the ammo going and why?

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

Bullshop
01-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Maybe it's Oby's new fed bail out plan. The gubment buys all firearms related manufacturing to boost the US economy and keep it from the hands of thier subjects, then sell to N Corea, Iran and such knowing that they will enialate them selves just as we most certanly would here if we were allowed to have the stuff.
Brilliant! Gotta give it to him, he da man!
BIC/BS

JohnH
01-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Fear driven panic.

Dean D.
01-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Same thing happening in my neck of the woods. I think we have a lot of ex-Boy Scouts in our country....ya know, "Be Prepared"...

BruceB
01-30-2009, 03:14 PM
My Mini-Mauser .223 was being fed with a set of RCBS dies which were on loan from a pal.

When he bought a new Mini-14, after a sober study of the current situation, naturally the dies went home to supply the newcomer.

Last Friday, a friend visited Scheel's, Cabela's, and Sportsman's Warehouse, all in Reno. No .223 dies of any make were available.

My next stop was Ebay, where I found a supplier with a 100% rating over 2500 transactions, who had ten sets of RCBS .223 dies available. One of those sets is now enroute to me, shipped and insured for about $40. I'm quite content with that.

oneokie
01-30-2009, 03:15 PM
My 2¢

The suppliers we get our components from have changed to JIT (just in time) on their inventory. When they get enough back orders to place an order with the manufacturers for a volume discount, they then place their order.

Several of the mail order places have been doing this for sometime from comments I have read on this forum. Especially moulds.

Another thought is that everyone is waiting to see what shakes loose with the new administration as far as laws and regulations pertaining to firearm related products. The specter of having a lot of money in inventory and no way to move it.

FN in MT
01-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Apparently You "don't get out much". This has been the situation since October when it was inevitable that the Black Messiah was going to get elected. At least in MT and ID anyway.

Components DO seem to be loosening up a bit as my local stores at least have SOMETHING on the shelves.

No doubt about it...this IS panic buying. What puzzles me is that many of the buyers are idiot Liberals that elected this guy in the first place!?!? ***.... Over??

In November a buddy who has a gun shop took delivery of an order of Wolf ammo made almost a year ago. The UPS truck was in front of his store with dozens of 1K cases of ammo stacked near the back of the truck. People stopped and were literally buying the ammo out of the back of the UPS truck!!! He ended up bringing less than TEN cases into the shop.

Went to a gun show in Bozeman in December. The three mainstay components Dealers who attend were SWAMPED with people buying primers and to a lesser extent, powder. Watched a pair of guys with a cart walk out with 100K+ of assorted primers.

It's surely PANIC buying.

Wait until the GUN and AMMO legislation REALLY hits!! You aint seen nuthin' yet!

FN in MT

sundog
01-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Boerrancher said, "What the heck is going on? If people are this afraid of the government, why did they elect the ********?"

I suspect at least two things. First, many of the ones that elected 'them' have neither the monetary where with all nor the mental where with all to know anything about reloading, or even tools in general. Second, the rest of those that elected 'them' are either scared of guns or have bought into the 'guns are bad' crap coming out of the mouths of folks like McCarthy from NY.

Next, the folks who do understand all this, the folks who did not elect 'them' are getting really antsy about what all of 'them' are going to do. Sooo, this group of folks are getting 'theirs' while they still can.

As far as I'm concerned, all this hope and change hoopla is the biggest crock of bs I believe I have ever seen....

Randall
01-30-2009, 03:49 PM
If I remember right not a single county in Oklahoma went for Obama. Have we got our heads on straight or what? I orderd some primers and powder over a month ago and am still waiting.

fishhawk
01-30-2009, 04:14 PM
got to agree with you corky on the "change" as BS.... some change, one of the longest incumbant dem. senators as a VP...... MRS Klintoon as sec of state plus all the other klintoon retreds....some change! steve k

HeavyMetal
01-30-2009, 04:36 PM
been watching "politics" for more than 40 yrs.

Every wind bag politician has made the same basic promise in every election. It's allways been worded differently but it's bben the same drivel each election.

The amazing part is how many people think something will actually change with the same old baffoons in office! I pointed out to several co workers that all thats happened is the in's were out and the out's were in.

I'm really surprised that Janet "the Nazi" Reno hasn't made an appereance some where!

Citizens take note: the diffination of insanity is doing the same thing the same way every time and expecting a different result!

Maven
01-30-2009, 04:37 PM
"...the 'guns are bad' crap coming out of the mouths of folks like McCarthy from NY."

A bit of background on Mrs. McCarthy: Are you aware that her husband was shot to death on a commuter train (LIRR/Metro North) by a deranged man with a semi-auto pistol (a Ruger, btw)? Her anti-gun crusade, while extreme, is certainly understandable. Also, she may be one of the strong candidates for Hillary Clinton's, now Kirsten Gillebrand's U.S. Senate seat in 2010 (special election).

As for the shortage of reloading supplies, what John H & oneokie said is certainly the case, magnified by an almost depressed U.S. economy.

The Double D
01-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Inventory's always normally down at this time of the year for tax purpose and for new products lines to be ordered. Add to that the Obama Firerams stimulus effect and you have your answer..

onceabull
01-30-2009, 05:02 PM
In the cases of the chain "sporting Goods" stores,if one looks at share prices for the public companies,there's a clue as to the money guys view on their business prospects in the near term...We know about the Sportsmen's warehouse takeover by the Canuck company,and given Scheel's expansion into the teeth of this "recession" I doubt they are cash rich either...In the Case of Cabela's, Cash on hand reported 9/27/08(most recent reported quarter) was $3.10 per share,todays share price @last quote $5.62---not a lot offered for the rest of the business,eh?? I'll wager that the bank(s) behind these firms credit lines have "sweaty palm" syndrome...And that all these outfits,are running inventory down ,ASAP... Onceabull

sundog
01-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Maven, yep quite aware of what happened to her husband and son. However, had New York remained the kind of place it was many years ago, the bastard what did the shooting would have been shot back at in short order. That is exactly one of the reason I never went back there to live....

Instead of championing gun bans, she ought to be seeing to it that every capable person who wants to carry has the opportunity to do so without breaking the law.

PatMarlin
01-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Called powder valley and their line is busy, busy, busy.

Baron von Trollwhack
01-30-2009, 05:46 PM
You always buy dove loads well before the season opens, not when you hear the fellows shooting in the fields.

Quite truthfully, I believe that if the founding fathers lived our lives they would be assembling on the green. What is happening in our lives now is so far from the long lived and understood concepts of American Freedom, Liberty, and Morality it is time to make an indian costume and go party where the king's representatives sit. The party in power now is likely to implement oppressive rule by political chicanery and outright deception. It has begun already.

In every village, in every town, in every state, in every place of oppressive rule.

It is not what Dad went the canal for, what Great Uncle George was gassed in the trenches for, or what John ***** died for at the hands of British Indian Allies at Redstone Old Fort. I didn't go to the Tonkin for it either.

BvT

oldoak2000
01-30-2009, 05:56 PM
You always buy dove loads well before the season opens, not when you hear the fellows shooting in the fields.

Quite truthfully, I believe that if the founding fathers lived our lives they would be assembling on the green. What is happening in our lives now is so far from the long lived and understood concepts of American Freedom, Liberty, and Morality it is time to make an indian costume and go party where the king's representatives sit. The party in power now is likely to implement oppressive rule by political chicanery and outright deception. It has begun already.

In every village, in every town, in every state, in every place of oppressive rule.

It is not what Dad went the canal for, what Great Uncle George was gassed in the trenches for, or what John ***** died for at the hands of British Indian Allies at Redstone Old Fort. I didn't go to the Tonkin for it either.

BvT

'Bailout' is equivalent of the 'RedCoats marching to Lexington and Concord' to 'grab what they can' . . . . . . .:evil:

Maybe our 'stocking up' is the internet equivalent of the 'assembling on the green' . . . .;)

Lets just hope it doesn't come to that . . . . . . .

deltaenterprizes
01-30-2009, 06:44 PM
A bit of background on Mrs. McCarthy: Are you aware that her husband was shot to death on a commuter train (LIRR/Metro North) by a deranged man with a semi-auto pistol (a Ruger, btw)? Her anti-gun crusade, while extreme, is certainly understandable.

Rep S. Gratia's parents were shot in the Luby's shootings in Kileen,TX by a mad man but she worked for and was instrumental in getting CCW legislation passed in Texas so this would not happen again.
Mrs McCarthy has worked hard to make it possible to for this to happen all over again!

clearwater
01-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Sportsman's Warehouse in Reno has been low on stuff for about a year. I think inventories are low for
the same reason local businesses of all types are cutting back on inventory, or going out of business
all together.

They can't get loans.

Even established places that have been in the community for
20-30 years are shutting doors because they no longer can get loans.

atr
01-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Same problem here with limited supply....
I think that there has been some panic buying....but What I really think is happening is that manufacturers are not producing these supplies, I think they are holding back and waiting to see if the general economy gets better. I think they are afraid that in the current econcomy, with the lack of spending and money in the economy, their products will not get sold. I think retailers are afraid of the same thing, so they too are not placing orders.

I do know that Sportsman Warehouse is going through an ownership change, and that the store managers have been told not to place significant orders until the change is completed.
atr

TAWILDCATT
01-30-2009, 09:17 PM
I for one dont think the manufacturers are holding back,as they are going hot and heavy.this is great for them.the problem is more likely they cant keep up.and they dare not add new machines as there would be a glut when the demand cuts back.
after evey war the gun companies have gone under.look up the history.
:coffee: [smilie=1:

Sprue
01-30-2009, 09:49 PM
I just don't understand. I/we continually hear the word Recession.

If there IS such a thing how does one explain all the heavy traffic. Traffic is always heavy. The "mart" stores. I just came back from one. I soon left because there was just too many people. The stores are always crowded. Its the same with restaurants, Gas stations. Its not even the 1st of the month crying out loud. Has anyone not told these poeple that we are in hard times? Are there only a few, that watch TV or listen to the radio. I don't get it. :confused:

I've been sitting on a little 'toy' fund for quite some time, but with the rediculous prices of used firearms I'm not giving in to the insanity...........I'm joining the bandwagon.

So today, I called my first choice supplier/outfitter if you will, asked him if he had a certain type of powder (my favorite). I already knew the answer but i asked if they had any four pounders in stock. He said no. So I then asked if he had any 1 pounders, again "no". He said that they've had it on order but they just can't get anything to stock the shelves with.

At that point, I decided to go visit a store that had some things that I would eventually need. I went there and rid the shelves of my fav powder and primers. I decided to do my part and contribute to ALL the crazyness.

All said, I won't be going to the Gun Show in the morning........... I say "to heck with" all the overpriced stuff anyway. I'm joining the component feeding frenzy. The sky is falling [smilie=1:

Boerrancher
01-30-2009, 10:35 PM
I am just irritated that I can't find the tools that I need/want. I have been rebuilding my reloading equipment and component stock since I got back from Afghanistan. I lost a lot of my reloading stuff after my first wife and I divorced. I didn't have time to rebuild my supplies before I left and upon my return time was all I had. Now that I am able to buy a piece of equipment or two every month or so, I can't find what I need because every one and their brother thinks they need to start casting and reloading. Oh well I still have the Holy Black, there isn't much of a demand for that anymore.

Joe

mike in co
01-30-2009, 10:37 PM
my 2 cents worth....

some of you have it right, some do not.

tax time, don't want to pay taxes on inventory, so the shelves are bare of items that "typically" move slow...but demand peaked due to the election, and the shelves are bare.

SHOT show time...establish new deals with distributors/manufactures.

panic/or reasonable aproach....i did not panic..i added more supplies to my exsisting stock.

guns...lol .....supplies of guns at manufactures/distributors went from 2 weeks to in excess of 6 months on........black rifles. scopes, shotguns and bolt rifles are in supply.

the industry is running right along...no one is holding back and waiting to see !

for over a year, every ar upper/lower manufacturer i know has been running 7/24......because over a year ago most ar sellers/"manufacturer's ordered in anticipation of what just happened.

the only unexplained hiccup i have seen is the lack of 300 win mag brass....does not fit a black gun.....but maybe there are more long distance want-a-be's than i had guessed.

again just my two cents worth.

mike in co

THE COLORADO BRASS COMAPNY

monadnock#5
01-30-2009, 11:21 PM
I don't see a lot of panic buying in my forays. What I see is a pragmatic approach to purchases. You go to the gun shop with a pocket full of loot, looking specifically for items X,Y+Z. They're not in stock, so you order the stuff. Rather than go home empty handed, you buy whatever is on the shelf, in anticipation that what's there today will be gone tomorrow. I see a lot of that, and am guilty of the same. I prefer to think of it as prudence rather than panic however.

Joe, if I had those Forster tools I'd send them to you with the idea you and a machinist type might be able to reverse engineer them. Doesn't seem as though it should be that difficult.

JohnH
01-31-2009, 11:08 AM
I don't see a lot of panic buying in my forays. What I see is a pragmatic approach to purchases. You go to the gun shop with a pocket full of loot, looking specifically for items X,Y+Z. They're not in stock, so you order the stuff. Rather than go home empty handed, you buy whatever is on the shelf, in anticipation that what's there today will be gone tomorrow. I see a lot of that, and am guilty of the same. I prefer to think of it as prudence rather than panic however.

If one or two people are doing that it is prudence. When everyone who can is doing it, it is panic. I have stood and watched as people bought ball, primers and powder they couldn't use, saying to the fella next to them they would be able to sell it when Obama outlawed it. That is scalping. Along with the stuff he couldn't use, was a cart full of 223 and 45 ACP ammo. He said he was gettin' while the gettin' was good. That was back in September.

buck1
01-31-2009, 11:32 AM
Fear driven panic.

I agree. Anyone else recall the primer scare years ago?

Jbar4Ranch
01-31-2009, 11:59 AM
If people are this afraid of the government, why did they elect the ********?

Apathy.

A bit over a third of the eligible voters voted for Obama. Just under a third voted for McCain. And, even though it was the largest voter turnout in almost anyone's lifetime today, approximately two out of every five people around you still didn't vote at all. It was much closer than most people realize, even though the electoral vote was a "landslide".

Let's say you have 100 precincts with 99 voters in each precinct. Fifty voters in each precinct vote for candidate A and forty nine vote for candidate B. The electoral vote in each precinct goes to candidate A, a 100% "landslide" victory for candidate A, even though the popular vote was 4950 to 4851, a difference of <1%, which is most definitely NOT a "landslide".

cajun shooter
01-31-2009, 12:38 PM
I have a fellow retired officer that opened a reloading store about 4 years ago. It is panic buying. The night before the election he had 4 ar-15 lowers. The next morning his first customer bought all of them. I was told by Mike Graf , one of the owners, that they have had people call since the election and say; I want to buy everything I need to reload. Great for them bad for the old timers that are use to finding what they want. Sprue, I'm happy that you have a income that is not affected by the current recession. My wife and I draw blue prints for new home construction. Every since Nov. of 07 our business has taken a loss. We have depleted all savings and are now selling items like boat, camp, motorcycles to keep the business afloat. After all that is gone we will come and live with you as you don't see a problem.

DLCTEX
01-31-2009, 08:12 PM
I went to my local supplier Thursday for some 45-70 brass. He said I hope you aren't looking for 4350 powder, everyone else is. He can't get many items, and not because he is keeping enventory down, but the demand is so high. The 45-70 brass was much cheaper than Midway's price, plus no postage.

Sprue
02-01-2009, 10:05 AM
I have a fellow retired officer that opened a reloading store about 4 years ago. It is panic buying. The night before the election he had 4 ar-15 lowers. The next morning his first customer bought all of them. I was told by Mike Graf , one of the owners, that they have had people call since the election and say; I want to buy everything I need to reload. Great for them bad for the old timers that are use to finding what they want. Sprue, I'm happy that you have a income that is not affected by the current recession. My wife and I draw blue prints for new home construction. Every since Nov. of 07 our business has taken a loss. We have depleted all savings and are now selling items like boat, camp, motorcycles to keep the business afloat. After all that is gone we will come and live with you as you don't see a problem.

Caj.. I think you may have overlooked the point that I was attempting to convey. I travel a lot. I'm a tire kicker, I know who (stores) has what enventory on the shelves and who, has the best prices in nearly half of the state. Being frugal I buy things (retail) when I find decent prices, but seldom.

Like I said, I did have a little fund built up. As was mentioned earlier, supply and demand (and pricing) since last summer has run rabid. Although I've never had the urge to run out and buy supplies as the general gun communnity has been displaying in recent months, I decided to turn loose a few bucks and start stocking some components.

I'm just getting tired of hearing of merchants that can't get this or that for their shelves. That said, I decided to stock up on a few items with a touch or hint or greed, but mostly in haste. Besides, if I don't buy now while I do have the funds available, its only going to cost more later. I do personally know a few FFL's here locally and constantly hear chatter but in the past, even now, I don't feel hysteria. I'm just buying a few items that are for now, available cause guns (used) are simply too dang high.

As for standards of living, I don't think you would be too happy here. My house is probably older than you. I do have a boat, but short falls even a dingy. Its 10' long and has two 8 foot long wooden sticks for acessories. The wife has a 07 car with 100k miles and I drive a 94 van with the paint flaking. Right now I doubt if it would even start. Doesn't matter though, its engulfed in snow anyway.

Best of luck with the biz. Hopefully things will soon turn for the better - soon.

bart55
02-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Much the same here ,I went to a gunshow yesterday ,lots of black rifles with high price tags.No components to speak of . People buying cases and cases of ammo . It really is panic buying , stopped at the wally mart last week with my wife ,she shops and I usually stop and pick up a brick of 22's .WOW the ammo shelf was just about empty and no 22lr. I do not believe I have ever seen anything like it.

ktw
02-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Think of the deals that will be available in the second hand market when the panic blows over. Divorces, estate sales, people needing some quick cash more than they need 50k primers....

-ktw

Tom Herman
02-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Hi Folks,

Here in the area half way between Seattle and Portland, reloading supplies vary from store to store. The big chain stores, like Wal-Mart, Cabela's, and Sportsman's Warehouse are iffy. The Sportsman's in Olympia was pretty picked clean. There were a few primers on the shelf, but no 1,000 count sleeves. Brass was almost non-existent, confined to a few bags of unwanted Winchester stuff. I didn't ask about powder.
Cabela's, also in OLY, had a few more primers, and even some CCI in 1,000 count sleeves. They had a fair assortment of Remington and Winchester brass, and a bag of 100 .44 SPL's followed me home. For the guy looking for .45/70, I saw several bags there.
Local shops (read: slightly more expensive), have a fairly good supply of primers and powder.
The chain stores are simply not well supplied. The story I got at Spoprtsman's is that they don't put in orders when the shelves get bare. Some idiot far away decides when they need to be replenished.
Bare shelves were a problem well before the election. I think it's a combination of small supply/high demand, and dysfunctional ordering.
No, I wasn't panic buying. I was able to put a LOT of components and powder away last summer, and this was just a trip to naturally resupply my stash.
I don't have to buy anything for years!
As far as reloading tools go, I do see an uptick in stuff not being available and longer waits. Again, fortunately, I have everything I need, and the stuff on order isn't critical to my operations.
Maybe we'll get lucky and the panic buying will slow down, and we can get on with things.
I hope that the morons buying stuff just to hoard it for later scalping wind up eating it all.

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

ddeaton
02-01-2009, 07:01 PM
cant even mail order powder, all out. At least the popular stuff. I just picked up 4 lbs each 700X and 2400, and a couple lbs of Unique at the gun show, not the cheapest price, but ok.

clearwater
02-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Put in an order for a Lee case length gage (custom) in 25-284 back in October. Called
last month and they said they were swamped.

Had breakfast with 9 other folks last week. Only three were working full time.
Restraunts here (CA) are starting to feel it and laying folks off.

Down South
02-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I figured that this would happen if the election went the wrong way so I stocked up during the summer. I didn’t have unlimited funds or I would have bought more than I did. I do have enough supplies to get me by for years if I need to. I’m hoping the panic blows over soon cause there are a few other items that I would like to get. But if it doesn’t, I can get by. I went to a local Cabelas last week hoping to buy 4 lbs of Titegroup. They didn’t have any Titegroup in stock. They did have a 1 lb canister of Bullseye on the shelf and I bought that for the loads I wanted to make. (148 gr wadcutter target loads for a 38 special using 2.5 gr of Titegroup or Bullseye). A pound will last me a long time at that low of a charge rate. Anyway, all components are becoming more and more in short supply.

Leadforbrains
02-03-2009, 10:07 PM
I have kept a little stocked up on powder. I got enough to get by for awhile, but I wish I had bought a few more primers back when everything was more plentiful. I plan on getting a few more in the near future. A brick here , a brick there, it will all add up sooner or later.

mtnman31
02-03-2009, 10:19 PM
It is indeed a lot of panic buying. I have enough of a variety in supplies that I will be good for a while. I don't consider what I have a large stockpile, just a big enough variety that if I run out of one thing I can get by with something else.

Look on the bright side, one good thing that will come from all this panic buying is that in a few years I will be buying up all the unused and unopened equipment/supplies that people bought and shortly thereafter realized they don't need or that reloading is not their thing. When they are ready to unload their stockpiles I will be there waiting to buy it all up at a deeply discounted price [smilie=1: suckers...

AZ-Stew
02-04-2009, 06:31 AM
I stopped by the Sportsman's Warehouse here in Mesa Saturday. The handloading shelves were almost bare. I asked one of the employees when they'd be getting some stock. He said, "Yesterday. What little we got was gone very quickly". He also told me he called Hodgdon and asked why they couldn't get powder. He was told that Hodgdon has plenty of powder in storage, but they can't get enough of the plastic jugs they sell it in. I think they should go back to their roots and start putting it in paper bags.

Regards,

Stew

Jbar4Ranch
02-04-2009, 12:24 PM
If you've been keeping track of the UFA buy out of Sportsman's Warehouse, it isn't a done deal yet. UFA has put off finalizing the deal several times and has been waffling whilst watching the American economy. This Friday, the day after tomorrow, is supposed to be the make it or break it meeting; They complete the deal and product starts flowing again, or they back out and SW is history.

McKee Boykin
02-04-2009, 12:29 PM
If people are this afraid of the government, why did they elect the ********?

The people that are afraid are not the idiots who elected the ********!

Charlie Sometimes
02-04-2009, 02:30 PM
A bit of background on Mrs. McCarthy: Are you aware that her husband was shot to death on a commuter train (LIRR/Metro North) by a deranged man with a semi-auto pistol (a Ruger, btw)? Her anti-gun crusade, while extreme, is certainly understandable. Also, she may be one of the strong candidates for Hillary Clinton's, now Kirsten Gillebrand's U.S. Senate seat in 2010 (special election).

Listen to yourself Maven- do you know what you said? Understandable? Not possible. Senseless, overly emotional, selfserving crackpots would blame that on an inanimate object. They are the ones out of touch with the real world. Sick with grief, and maybe deranged from it, too.
We get the government we deserve. They get elected because they preach what the people on programs want to hear- "We'll take care of you, don't worry (right after we make sure we stay in power and take care of ourselves)." The only thing sundog didn't include was they ought to punish the crooks and stop creating repeat offenders.
Obama and a lot of our other politicians are "Post Turtles." (When your driving down a country road, and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle- you know he didn't get up there by himself,
he doesn't belong up there, and he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just wonder what kind of ******* put him up there to begin with.)

Sounds like they've added Y2K and Liberalism together and got End of World As We Know It.
Think the "panic" buying is bad now- there's talk that the end of the wolrd is 21 Dec 2012. Wait until THAT gets closer. Maybe the manufactuers are thinking ahead toward that date too. :eek:[smilie=w:

DLCTEX
02-04-2009, 08:40 PM
I went back to my local supplier today to pick up some 4064 and he had a new stock of powder, including 4350, both at $21.50.

JIMinPHX
02-04-2009, 11:07 PM
A few months ago, these shelves were full

Heavy lead
02-04-2009, 11:14 PM
It's amazing the distrust us Americans have of our government.
I think it IS healthy, and am enjoying it.

shdwlkr
02-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Our sportsman's warehouse in Nm got a load of ammo in last week and the price was up by a large amount according to folks at my local gunshop. I think they are right as the line to the cash register with folks picking up ammo was really long. Didn't see any really big buyers thought unless you think buying 500 rounds is a lot
I think that some places are looking to line there pockets with the franic buying just might come back and bite them thou.

ddeaton
02-05-2009, 01:22 AM
I am out of town working in IL and run around in the evening prowling for reloading supplies. At Rural King, I found some Unique, Red and Green Dot at $16 and some change a lb. I just paid $20 last week at the gun show. I am going back tomorrow to get the rest.

leadeye
02-05-2009, 11:54 AM
A few months ago, these shelves were full

Wish we had someplace like that to shop around here. There is more stuff on the empty shelves there than full shelves where I have been around Indy.

Boerrancher
02-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Wish we had someplace like that to shop around here. There is more stuff on the empty shelves there than full shelves where I have been around Indy.

Leadeye,

I spent 5 months at Camp Atterbury with totally nothing to do. I hunted for every gun shop I could find with in 100 miles of Atterbury. Needless to say I didn't find much. I was really surprised of the lack of gun shops and reloading supply stores considering how rural the state actually is.

Joe

BOOM BOOM
02-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Hi,

I ordered 10,000 cci primers back in Dec. they have not showed up. RATS!
Got enough for 20 yrs. of shooting when that comes in.
So it will not matter what Obamination & his crew of Gadiation robbers do I will still be able to shoot.