PDA

View Full Version : White Label Lube?

Elk Country
01-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Has anyone used the BAC lube? I need to buy some more lube and this stuff sounds like good stuff. Any reports would be great.

Thanks,

Elk Country

pdawg_shooter
01-30-2009, 02:10 PM
BAC is all I use anymore. All my bare bullets, rifle and handgun get BAC. So do all my paper patches. With paper anything will work but why have 2 or more on hand!

putteral
01-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Very good stuff! Leaves the bore nice and shiny and have never had any leading issues since I started using it.

FN in MT
01-30-2009, 06:15 PM
+1

For $1.35 per stick in a bag.....I don't even make my own anymore. Not woorth the mess and my time.

duckndawg
01-30-2009, 09:29 PM
I bought the BAC lube and I find it to be sticky. The boolits after sizing stick to each other in the bulk box. I tried some corn starch on them and I got carried away now I need to wash them to get the stuff off.

dromia
01-31-2009, 06:33 AM
Any of the White label lubes are worth buying, they are as good as anything else out there at an affordale price. They are all I use now, except for a bit of LBT soft blue.

Anyone buying any of the mainstream lubes including liquid alox isn't worried about how much things cost, White label is real value for money.

White Label lubes all work as advertised and BAC is good compromise between the Alox lubes and Carnauba red, especially if you don't have a heater.

I've settled on 2500 for most of my rifle shooting but go to Carnauba Red for the few times a year when I need high performance (accurate) high velocity ammunition.

Wayne S
01-31-2009, 10:09 AM
Duck,
I used to use motor mica powder to coat the 50/50 lube I was useing, put a tea spoon in a plastic container, drop about 10 lubed bullets in and give it a shake, repeat, and I would wipe the noses off after reloading.
Since all of my rifle Cal. bullets will be held to around 1400 is BAC about the best for my needs ?

ddeaton
01-31-2009, 10:31 AM
I am using the 50/50 and like it. I just got a box full of 2500 and carnuaba red to try.

Elk Country
01-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Guys,

Based on the comments I am going to order a few stick of the BAC. I will be lubing mostly 45cal. handgun bullets. How many bullets with one lube groove will a stick of lube finish roughly?

Can't wait for it to arrive. I have about 500 bullets ready to lube and shoot!

Elk Countryl

buck1
01-31-2009, 11:39 AM
He will send ya a free sample to try. I havent yet used lars lubes but I hear only good about them...Buck

cajun shooter
01-31-2009, 01:49 PM
I would tell you to go ahead and buy at least 10 tubes. You will save on shipping as you will want more. BAC is all that you will need for any pistol round.

Tom W.
01-31-2009, 05:55 PM
I haven't tried the BAC, but I really like the carnauba red, and the price is great..

NoDakJak
01-31-2009, 06:09 PM
Several weeks ago I recieved my first order of a dozen sticks of White Labels, 50/50 lube. When I opened the cabinet door to stow them I discovered several very fat mice busily dining on my supply of SPG lube. They had completely devoured four sticks and were about half way through the fifth. BWaaaaaaaA! Regular traps followed with sticky traps soon settled their hash but what a mess they left. They didn't bother any other of any of the other lubes. Hmmm? It makes me wonder how SPG would work on baiting coyote traps! Neil

duckndawg
02-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Elk Country I sent you a PM

sleeper1428
02-05-2009, 02:58 PM
I've been using White Label 50/50 for several months and have found it to be an excellent lube. Plus you can't beat the price! I also do something similar to what Wayne S mentioned except that I use Midway's white mica lubricant. Just dump each 50 lubed and sized boolits into a small Tupperware container, add a half teaspoon or so (depending on the size of the boolits you're working on) and then swirl them around for a few seconds to thoroughly coat all of them. This will keep them from sticking together and will make your actual reloading go much smoother. This anti-stick action will last for several years before the lube finally absorbs all the mica powder. I have some boolits that were sized, lubed, mica coated and then stored away for over ten years (lost track of them during a move to the West Coast) and they are just now beginning to lose that slick mica sheen allowing the lube to once again become sticky. Using this anti-stick mica lubricant, I have no problem with sizing and lubing 500 to 1000 boolits at a time, knowing full well that I won't be using all of them for several months or possibly even a few years.

dromia
02-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Welcome to Cast Boolits sleeper1428. :drinks:

sleeper1428
02-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Dromia - Thanks so much!! I've been lurking on this forum for several months and finally decided to put in my 'two bits' worth. I've been reloading since the early 1950s and started casting boolits in the mid to late 1980s so it's good to see that there is a forum such as this where those of a like mind can get together and exchange ideas and experiences. I hope to contribute to this venue when I'm able since I've learned so much from other posters.

GLynn41
02-05-2009, 07:57 PM
I have been pleased with Bac but got my best accuracy with 2500-- as to leadiing C Red, and Bac, and 2500 have all worked just fine -- that pink stuff is what is in my sizer/luber

sav300
02-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Sleeper1428,welcome to the forum

Dale53
02-06-2009, 01:12 AM
I have used White Label Carnauba Red for some time. It has MORE than passed muster. First of all, accuracy is great with this lube. Secondly, no leading. Third is it is not nearly so sticky as NRA 50/50 Alox/Beeswax.

You DO have to use heat but that is simple enough to arrange. I use a Lyman flat plate heater that is drilled and tapped for all of the major lube/sizers (Lyman, RCBS, Saeco, and Star). I use a Star (as well as Lyman and RCBS). I ran the heater to a rheostat and control the heat with that. The least amount of heat you need is what you want.

Good stuff, Carnauba Red.

Dale53