PDA

View Full Version : Value of a Browning Model 65 plain grade 1 in .218 B ??

10 ga
01-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Have a Browning Mod 65 plain grade 1 in .218 B that a friend is after. I have eyes on other goods and a trade isn't in the works with him. Have box and manuel etc... that go with it. Less than 100 rounds through but it's a nice shooter. Accounted for several turkeys, dozen or so groundhogs and handful of feral felines. I'd say it's 95-98% and excellent bore. I've checked the online info and see where they have been from 7 to 14 hunnert. What's a closer eval? Oh yeah, I ate the turkeys and used the rest for turtle, crawdad and crab bait. 10 ga

woody1
01-30-2009, 03:51 PM
10 ga, first and foremost, if you're trying to get max. $ out of it, don't sell it to a friend. In the end one or both of you will think he got screwed and it will be tough on the friendship. So what's it worth? I dunno, whatever he's willing to give and you're willing to take. Helped a lot didn't I? Regards, Woody

Hipshot
01-30-2009, 08:43 PM
woody1 is a very wise man !!!

Hip

pietro
01-31-2009, 11:59 AM
[I've checked the online info and see where they have been from 7 to 14 hunnert.]

[you're trying to get max. $ out of it, don't sell it to a friend].
[one or both of you will think he got screwed and it will be tough on the friendship.]

If he's a real friend, and not just an aquaintance, I would tell him ALL of the above, and let him decide for himself.

I would look at successful (sold) auction prices, myself, ILO someone's asking price, before I spoke about it, though.

You can always decline to agree with your friend's decision, if you wish.