PDA

View Full Version : Otto Schenck

redneckdan
01-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Otto Shenck passed early this morning after a long battle with colon cancer. He was my grandfather (Opa). Opa had an unmeasureable impact on my life. He helped instill a moral compass in me that is not often found in todays society. Every time I talked with him I learned something...always something of value. He was so many things to so many people....father, Opa, friend, camping buddy, Upper Peninsula explorer extraordinaire...he will be missed.

Opa, I will be sure to stop and visit your bears and keep them company when I pass through the eastern UP. I miss you.

MT Gianni
01-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Dan you have my sympathy. A friend may be gone but never forgotten. Keep his memory strong and let it guide you as you mentor others. Gianni.

Bret4207
01-30-2009, 01:00 PM
My deepest sympathies to you and your family. Cherish the memories and try to pass some of what he gave you along to someone else.

waksupi
01-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Sorry to hear that, Dan. We never have enough time with grandfathers.

Dean D.
01-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Please accept my condolences Dan. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. It sounds like you were very blessed to have been able to spend time growing up with your Opa.

Dutch4122
01-30-2009, 05:30 PM
My thoughts and prayers go with you and your family, Dan. Since losing my Grandfather in 2005 I have gotten in the habit of basing my "moral compass" on the things he taught me as well as the example he set by his actions. The man taught me more that he ever realized just by my paying attention to the way he handled everyday life. It didn't take long to realize that I was frequently thinking about what Papa George would do or say when confronted with a similar situation. So far it has served me well.

Do the same in regards to your Opa. That way he'll always be with you and there will always be honor & respect to his memory.

God Bless,

45nut
01-30-2009, 08:27 PM
RIP Otto, respect his memories, cherish his lessons. I wish I had more time with mine.

rugerman1
01-30-2009, 08:53 PM
My condolences to you and your family,Dan.

gon2shoot
01-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Sorry for your loss.
Remember the lessons he gave and be prepared to pass them on.

Murphy
02-01-2009, 09:48 PM
My condolences to you and the family Dan, truly sorry to hear of your loss.

Murphy