PDA

View Full Version : old school high end 70's stereophonics

metricmonkeywrench
09-26-2022, 11:49 AM
Found this gem in the way back collection... a prime Realistic must have accessory with the exposed rheostat on the back. The first step in getting Aarons 16 speakers across my back dash... am radio (or the 8 track for the technically advanced) never sounded so good.

MaryB
09-26-2022, 02:30 PM
Found this gem in the way back collection... a prime Realistic must have accessory with the exposed rheostat on the back. The first step in getting Aarons 16 speakers across my back dash... am radio (or the 8 track for the technically advanced) never sounded so good.

Go back into the 60's and the factory reverb units in the trunk! Sounded horrible LOL

abunaitoo
09-27-2022, 07:52 PM
I remember those.
It was needed to turn a 2 channel radio in to 4 channel.
I had one of those reverb units.
Made it sound like you were in a tunnel.
Strange

firefly1957
09-28-2022, 08:53 PM
I have old audio stuff around I needed to make room and put a stereo and 40 speakers in my second pole barn . The 1960's Cambridge receiver worked great for 2 hours then started popping and the sound went out . It has been a long time since I worked on anything I am sure I know what is wrong if I take it apart I will probably find some ruined capacitors and fried resistors ... I may even have some on hand from the 1970's . I gave 50 cents for the thing at a yard sale in the 1980's it was an early all transistor receiver with a blown fuse and a few burned out lights couple of hours and a stop at Radio shack and it was back in shape .
I used it up to ten years ago it had great night time AM reception using my house boiler heating units as an antenna. Same in my last house I had it in basement workshop hooked to furnace duct work for AM antenna . FM had separate "normal Antenna also great reception .

brassrat
09-29-2022, 08:18 AM
I see all kinds of old, big name, receivers at a thrift store. Dont know much about them, just the names. Cheap

MaryB
09-29-2022, 02:00 PM
Those old stereo receivers are great shop/deck stereos. I have one in the shed off my deck that feeds the waterproof speakers out on the deck so I have music when I am working out there. Just restored an old 100 watt RMS per channel receiver for a guy who uses it to feed speakers out around his pool so the kids have music. Has a CD player and a bluetooth adapter so they can play their phones thru it.