PDA

View Full Version : .35 Remington

Good Cheer
09-18-2022, 04:56 PM
After many years away from the .35 Remington cartridge I'm cranked back up...
And thinking about trying out a heavier mold.
Have any of you fellas gone that route?
https://i.imgur.com/xZTF5Yv.jpg

greenjoytj
09-19-2022, 10:24 PM
Micro groove rifling or standard Ballard rifling?
I would loose wool op wad and the lube cookie, so I put as much compressed BP in the case as I could.
If more lube is required a better bullet with more lube grooves would be bought, even if the groove were outside the case.
Alloy hardness and bullet diameter possibly a gas check will be key to getting it to work in a micro groove barrel.

SoonerEd
09-20-2022, 12:53 AM
I'm shooting a 200 gr out of a Marlin 336 microgrove. Running in the 1,700's fps with WW+ Sn for fill out and 1,800's fps water dropped. Bullets are copies of the RCBS 200 grain bullet.

Good Cheer
09-21-2022, 08:58 AM
Micro groove rifling or standard Ballard rifling?
I would loose wool op wad and the lube cookie, so I put as much compressed BP in the case as I could.
If more lube is required a better bullet with more lube grooves would be bought, even if the groove were outside the case.
Alloy hardness and bullet diameter possibly a gas check will be key to getting it to work in a micro groove barrel.

1953 Marlin, before the micro groove barrels. Easier to work with than the semi-auto Remingtons.
That mold is the heaviest one I have that will work in the lever gun. Unfortunately the case was designed with less neck than a Bond movie bad guy so I'm gonna try maximizing the amount of my best quality black powder lube. But, what I'm really interested in is how anyone out there has gone heavy boolit in the cartridge with black. It's kinda like hitching a VW to a harrow but there's a way to make it work.

Nobade
09-21-2022, 02:04 PM
It wouldn't fit through the action but #358008 would probably work. I shot a few of those through my 35x30-30 and they worked fine. They don't go all that fast but are hard to stop.