PDA

View Full Version : Custom revolver work

johnsonian09
09-17-2022, 10:26 PM
Picked up a short barreled Ruger NM SBH for a steal at cabelas. The employee I worked with was upset because he was looking at it for 2 weeks then I bought it.

Shoots okay. I’m thinking I want to send it to Tyler’s gun works in Texas. I hear he’s really good at making pretty / accurate guns.

Anyone else ever hired him for something? How’d you like his work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StrawHat
09-18-2022, 08:44 AM
Never used Tyler, so no comment. But, if you are looking for other options, I have used Andy Horvath and have no problem recommending his work.

Kevin

nicholst55
09-18-2022, 10:02 AM
No personal experience, but Bobby Tyler has an outstanding reputation. Actually, my son has a Ruger revolver (that belongs to me) that Tyler did the color case hardening on. It looks outstanding!

Outpost75
09-18-2022, 02:03 PM
Have you shot the gun yet or measured the cylinder throats? Most Rugers only need to have the throats uniformed by DougGuy and be fed bullets which fit properly. Until this is done and you have actually shot the gun anything else is a waste of money.

johnsonian09
09-18-2022, 02:32 PM
The gun shoots as well as any factory nm sbh.

From what I’ve read Tyler does phenomenal tuning/machining and cosmetic work.

I read an article by Jeff Hoover about one of his buddies guns that I guess Tyler called the ‘frankengun’ despite the name it’s absolutely beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandoninaz
09-19-2022, 10:44 PM
I've never used Tyler Gun Works, but you may also wish to consider John Powers, Powers Metalworks. John does really great work. He just did a Bearcat for me, and it turned out exactly like I had hoped and we had discussed.