PDA

View Full Version : Fiocchi primers ??

ascast
09-17-2022, 05:11 PM
Mods : not sure if correct category, could not find better, please move if needed, thanks

Are Fiocchi corrosive in general? I had some new percussion caps about 30 years ago and they were corrosive. Any info on primers? thanks all

BLAHUT
09-17-2022, 05:20 PM
I do not know about the percussion caps. there large rifle, small rifle, shotgun primers are not as far as I have seen.
these are all within the last couple of years.

elmacgyver0
09-17-2022, 05:36 PM
Not a lot of reason for non-corrosive percussion caps since black powder and all of its substitutes are corrosive anyway.

ascast
09-17-2022, 08:25 PM
Thanks, but I am really interested in the primers. Any thoughts?

barnetmill
09-17-2022, 08:28 PM
I doubt that any of the primers from Fiocchi are corrosive. But I was not successful for a quick search in finding any information on Fiocchi primers or percussion caps.
Most of the west european nations quit using corrosive materials materials in their priming many years ago. But we know that was not true of the military. I believe some US small ammo was corrosive until the early 1950's and the 30 US carbine was always non-corrosive.

Description

Fiocchi Primers have developed an outstanding reputation as some of the most reliable and consistent primers available. These primers are held to exacting tolerances and are manufactured using the most precise presses.

Where are Fiocchi products made?
While most of Fiocchi's ammunition is loaded at their plant in Ozark, Missouri, Fiocchi is also importing ammunition and reloading components from their plant in Italy because of the high demand the industry has been experiencing. All products are loaded to either C.I.P. or SAAMI specifications.
Product Information
Quantity
1500 Piece
Primer Size
Small Pistol Magnum
Hazmat Fee
Yes

Below a picture for small rifle primers

Kosh75287
09-17-2022, 08:44 PM
I bought Fiocchi SR primers for use in .357 and .38 Super. They work quite well, so far as I've noticed. No corrosion displayed.