PDA

View Full Version : bow season

white eagle
09-16-2022, 04:23 PM
Is just a few days away for me in my state of well being
archery season opens on Saturday and for the first time in probably 30 years I am getting excited about the opener [smilie=p:
My neighbor and I were talking and he said he has some pics of some real big bucks on his cameras
I have a small fraction of the land he does but he does not have tons of friends hunting on his property which is a change from the previous owners
I have corn out and I have also just put in some oats for the deer to enjoy
between gun and archery I am able to harvest 8 deer 6 antlerless, unheard of for me [smilie=s:
they are trying to thin down our herd because of CWD apparently

Tripplebeards
09-16-2022, 07:01 PM
I don’t hit the woods for another month. Never see any dandies till pre rut which is the middle of October.

BLAHUT
09-16-2022, 07:17 PM
sounds like a lot of good eating in the future ?

white eagle
09-16-2022, 08:27 PM
I usually never go till 11-2 or 11-3 and I hunt for the next month and a half so this bug hit hard this year

winelover
09-17-2022, 06:54 AM
Our season opener is a week from today, September 24th. Forecast high is near 90 degrees. Probably, won't hunt till first week of October unless we get some cool nights, down into the low 50's. Pretty much the same every year. I have at least four mature eight points in the area. I saw and photographed that bachelor group, last month, when still in velvet.

Winelover

Shawlerbrook
09-17-2022, 07:02 AM
Good luck and enjoy ! Have been bow hunting for almost 50 years. I will be out on the October 1 opener but I must admit the fire doesn’t burn like it use to.

missionary5155
09-17-2022, 08:18 AM
I hunt river bottoms in E. ILL-nois when up north. The corn crunchers stay in the fields till the corn is cut...