PDA

View Full Version : Hand squeaks work on hogs

Wolfdog91
09-14-2022, 03:43 AM
Seems a few hond squeaks to mimick a rabbit get them a lil interested lol. Have had freinds say they get big boars coming in fairly regularly on fawn in distress.

https://youtu.be/TOcgBf7Q2xk

405grain
09-14-2022, 09:57 AM
It's worth a try - you've got nothing to lose. I was coyote hunting once using a squeaky toy to sound like a rabbit in distress. Within a few minutes there was a rustling in the brush and out popped a bobcat. (I let it go) You never know what will work until you try it.

These are nuisance hogs, not some noble stag or something, so if calling doesn't work don't be afraid of using the nuclear option! Grab that box of stale doughnuts out of the break room at work and dump them at the location where you want the pigs to appear. You know that they'll be coming because you'll be able to smell them making coffee. :bigsmyl2:

HWooldridge
09-14-2022, 10:08 AM
Feral hogs are North America's version of African hyenas. They'll pretty much prey on anything - my son has pulled them in with a dying rabbit call.

Texas by God
09-14-2022, 10:12 AM
That same call will put crows into a hissy fit sometimes.
Feral hogs are almost single handedly the reason that AR15s became popular for hunting. As 405 said- they aren't a noble creature- they are an enemy. Kill as many as you can- they'll make more.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

waksupi
09-14-2022, 11:23 AM
Lots of animals react to the squeaky calls. I called in a grizzly bear once. I didn't care for that, as I only had a longbow with me at the time.

lar45
09-14-2022, 08:50 PM
I played your video and my dogs went nuts, lol.
I'll have to keep a squeaker in my back pack for when I can hear them but they won't come in.