PDA

View Full Version : USPO lost package

redriverhunter
09-08-2022, 10:39 PM
well some how ups drop my package off, in an other city. I see the package has left that city. but this is all I get on the tracking number.

''In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility''

I has had the same message for the last 3 days I got a feeling that it has been sent into the uspo black hole. Has anyone one else experenced this. thanks

M-Tecs
09-08-2022, 10:57 PM
Recently I had one setting for a week before it moved.

poppy42
09-08-2022, 11:25 PM
well some how ups drop my package off, in an other city. I see the package has left that city. but this is all I get on the tracking number.

''In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility''

I has had the same message for the last 3 days I got a feeling that it has been sent into the uspo black hole. Has anyone one else experenced this. thanks

Ah like only every other time I have something shipped to me! I never got my registration renewal so I couldn’t register my car early. Now I have my doubts if I’ll ever get my new registration in the mail. Didn’t get last months power bill. They lost a mold on me and I had to wait three months for them to even tell me it was lost before I could get my money back. The list goes on and on and on. Good luck with yours

skeettx
09-08-2022, 11:52 PM
Please insure the zip code on the address and the zip code on the shipping receipt are
the same.
Mike

Handloader109
09-09-2022, 07:23 AM
Yep, but by every shipper there is. Ups, fedex, even my laser coming by dhl a couple of years ago. That was a crate 2x3x4ft spent an extra 10 days in st Louis. Everything has made it here, some have taken almost an extra month.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

farmerjim
09-09-2022, 07:33 AM
My passport renewal is now 4 days late. It has not moved in 3 days.

GregLaROCHE
09-09-2022, 08:24 AM
During Covid I had the same messages for a couple of weeks. I gave up on it. Three months later the package arrived.

David2011
09-09-2022, 03:24 PM
I bought an out of production R/C airplane kit, not likely replaceable if lost or damaged. Tracking showed it sitting at one location for over two weeks. In my mind’s eye it probably had fork lift tracks all over it. Fortunately it showed up about another week later, undamaged.

Buzz Krumhunger
09-09-2022, 03:29 PM
They barely have time to read your mail, much less deliver it.

M-Tecs
09-09-2022, 03:57 PM
They barely have time to read your mail, much less deliver it.

That one made me smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SciFiJim
09-09-2022, 08:39 PM
I sold a book on eBay and shipped it via media mail from CA to FL. It disappeared while in Atlanta. It was only a few dollars, so I just refunded the customer and told him to keep it if it ever showed up. It never did. The Post Office couldn't find it either.

It was a book of beginner music lessons, so I hope some postal worker's kid actually gets it to learn basic music skills.

Outpost75
09-09-2022, 08:49 PM
In the last year I've had three orders from Midway which were delayed by UPS more than 30 days which I put in claims for and had my credit card refunded. I did not re-order. Within ten days of receiving my credit on my card the ammo arrived, so I got it for free, as ammo is not returnable. $250 to the good.

elmacgyver0
09-09-2022, 08:58 PM
Well, I guess I'm going to be "That Guy".
Last Tuesday I went to the local PO to mail a package for my wife, Winnie the Poo Books, don't cha know.
I got there early, about 15 minutes after about 10 minutes a lady came out asked me if it was just a drop off.
I replied it need postage and a label.
She said you can do it right over here yourself and proceeded to show me how it worked and created the label for me.
All I had to do was put in my credit card.
After hearing about all the BS people have with the PO, I didn't expect the great service I got.
I left the building before they even officially opened.

GregLaROCHE
09-10-2022, 04:43 AM
If you think postal service employees steal a lot of stuff, you should look into what baggage handlers steal at airports. There was a report that used hidden cameras to observe the thefts. I think it was in Miami.

redriverhunter
09-10-2022, 05:58 AM
My order was with midway and I got free shipping I am not upset with midway it is ups that left my order in the wrong town. I will give it till wednesday of next week. I will start with midway about my lost package and go from there. I wish midway would not advertise on thier boxes as, it would not take much to take a peek into one and see if it anygood. I wonder if there any consequences, to those that are responible for taking care of the mail when something goes missing.

JSnover
09-10-2022, 07:20 AM
My address is in a sort of delivery Limbo. People who live on my street have to pay extra attention with online orders or the package be sent to another location - same street address but in the next town over - never to be seen again.

wv109323
09-10-2022, 08:47 AM
The PO does not use a "first in, first out" system. It is when we get to it. I had two packages in the mail. The first one made it to the distribution center 2-3 days ahead of the second. I received the second package before the first.

MaryB
09-10-2022, 01:42 PM
There are a few USPS hubs that are notorious for theft... one is in the SE, Chicago is another bad one... overall USPS is the best of the 3 big carriers(DHL is the best but they are not that common, and Speedie Delivery in the midwest puts them all to shame!) for me.

JimB..
09-10-2022, 04:03 PM
In the last year I've had three orders from Midway which were delayed by UPS more than 30 days which I put in claims for and had my credit card refunded. I did not re-order. Within ten days of receiving my credit on my card the ammo arrived, so I got it for free, as ammo is not returnable. $250 to the good.

So you kept something you didn’t pay for? Seems an odd thing to be bragging about.

lancem
09-10-2022, 04:53 PM
Tuesday I had a too big for the mailbox note from the mailman, telling me I could pick it up after 3 or something. Thing is the post office is 60 miles away. So on the note there is a space for redelivery information that I filled out to have them leave it at the local country store like they always do. I go home and 3 hours later I get a message that that package had been delivered! OK call the store, no delivery, next day go to the mailbox (4 miles away) and no package.... So I'm wondering where it was delivered and most of all I'm wondering what it was because neither the wife or I are missing anything that we can think of that would have been shipped by mail. The tracking # just shows that it was shipped by slowpost or some other mail business...

gwpercle
09-10-2022, 05:32 PM
If those aren't enough stories ... my wife works for a commercial shipping and receiving business , they ship things for you locally , inter state and over seas to foreign countries ...
She could relate some stories you wouldn't believe ... it happens daily , to everyone who ships or receives packages . I'm glad I know her because she knows how to track and who to call when things get off in the weeds .
My Gun shop had special ordered a brand new S&W revolver , directly from S&W and it was in route to Baton Rouge and had made it to New Orleans on August 29 2005... Cat 4 Hurricane Katrina hits , levee wall breaks and whole city flooded , evacuated , shut down and the national guard have to come in to save people and stop looting ...
It was bad ... and I wrote that revolver off as Long Gone...
But Low and behold , after the national guard restored order and the flood waters receded and power started returning ... my revolver was tracked to the N.O. airport , under armed guard in a warehouse full of packages ...it took about 2 months to get sorted out and delivered to my gunshop ... But Larry called me one day and said your gun arrived , there is no damage to shipping box or gun itself ... come get it !
So some times things end well ... it may take them a little time but don't give up just yet .
Gary

redriverhunter
09-11-2022, 09:38 PM
Well I got some good news it was found somewhere, and has had movement. I think the part that upsets me the most is the powerlessness and indiffernce about the loosing, missplacing or what ever a package. Is it just me but it seems since covid hit, most places have gone down hill and seem to think its ok. thanks you all for keeping my hopes.

Soundguy
09-11-2022, 10:32 PM
Recently I had one setting for a week before it moved.

I've had one set near a month before moving.. All the delivery services are bad nowadays.